INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help - Unable to connect Zwo ASI 1600MM

• Thank you received: 74
in the title bar of the Realvnc Window - see attached example

RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
3 years 11 months ago #52882
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks, sorted now

Doug
3 years 11 months ago #52885

Hi,

I'm still endeavouring to get everything up and running on my RPI4 using Astroberry Server.

I've set up 2 profiles in the Indi Manager, one for my Zwo 1600MM and one for when I use my DSLR.

Yesterday I had a good day and I was able to get the Mount (EQ Mod), Pegasus DFMC focuser, Altair GP cam Guider and my DSLR all working and I was able to align my mount, plate solve and image.

Today, I decided to try getting my Zwo 1600MM working with my Starlight Express filter wheel. I removed the DSLR and replaced this with the Zwo 1600MM and filter wheel. The Zwo 1600MM is connected to my powered USB 3.0 hub via a USB 3.0 cable and the filter wheel is connected to the Zwo 1600MM via a USB 2.0 cable. Having connected everything up I turned the equipment on and then I turned on my RPI which is connected directly to my router via an ethernet cable . The PI booted up, I entered indi manager and loaded the profile for my Zwo Camera and filter wheel. Having done this I connected to the server and loaded KStars. Having loaded KStars I opened up Ekos and checked the correct profile was listed and then I hit connect. The system appeared to boot up then I got a message stating <strong>'No ASI Camera Detected Power On'</strong>. I also saw that <strong>My mount and Pegasus focuser had not connected</strong>, they appeared to have failed to connect to Ports. I accept that I may have had problems with my camera and filter wheel but my focuser and mount were working yesterday and I've not changed anything apart from adding the camera and filter wheel.

There is obviously power to the camera as the filter wheel is attached to it via the USB cable and this is working correctly and the filter wheel does the self check when powered up.

I've checked everything as best I can with my limited knowledge and I've even had the camera and filter wheel off my scope to test it and everything worked correctly including the USB 3.0 cable. I managed to take a number of dark files as I'm building up my library.

<strong>Can anyone help me sort this out</strong>, the camera does not appear to be recognised and the mount and focuser don't appear to be able to find Ports.

I've attached some images to assist as best I can.

Image showing the Indi Manager and the drivers selected.

Image showing the profile editor with drivers selected etc

Image showing the pop up stating no Asi Camera Detected, No Power

Image showing the Indi Control Panel and the warning messages for my focuser.

Image showing the Indi Control Panel and the warning messages for my mount.

Image showing that Ekos is trying to connect equipment.

I<strong>'m not sure how to produce logs to show what is happening with EKOS etc when I try to connect. If someone tells me how to create the logs and if these will help then I will do it.</strong>

Please help me get this sorted as I've been at it all day and I've got nowhere.

Thanks

Doug
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Douglas Mason.
3 years 10 months ago #53499

Hi,

This morning I turned everything on again to try and resolve all the issues, without altering anything I was able to connect to all my equipment except for the Zwo Camera. My mount and focuser connected correctly and this was without altering any of the settings.

The camera would not connect and I got the same message as before 'No ASI Cameras Detected. Power On?'. I can confirm that their was power to the camera and my filter wheel which uses one of the USB2.0 hubs on the camera works correctly.

For some reason my camera is not being picked up by EKOS etc

Having followed a video I was also able to create a log showing my devices and drivers etc. On checking this log I can see no mention of the camera.

I have looked everywhere but I do not know how to copy the log over or send it over to this forum via zip file.

Doug
3 years 10 months ago #53526

Hi,

I've just run 'lsusb' and below is what I get, I don't fully understand it but it may help sorting out my issue with the camera etc

Doug
3 years 10 months ago #53527
Attachments:

Managed to get the logfile after watching a few video's.

Not sure exactly what it all means but here it is

File Attachment:

File Name: 2020-05-10.zip
File Size:302 KB

Doug
3 years 10 months ago #53532
Attachments:

Sorted with help from SGL Forum

Doug
3 years 10 months ago #53629

• Thank you received: 375
Could you share the solution?
3 years 10 months ago #53664

Having taken advice the first thing I did was to remove all the USB cables from my Startech 7 Port powered USB 3.0 hub. I then ran 'lsub' with just the powered hub connected to the USB3.0 port on my my PI4 and I got the below :-

I then connected My Zwo ASI 1600MM to the powered hub and again ran 'Lsusb' and got the below:-

When my camera was attached to my RPI , it appeared to be detected as :- Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04b4:6572 Cypress SemiConductor Corp.

I was however aware from research on the web and in particular this thread on the indi forum:- indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/4627-indi-s...ol-indi-asi-ccd.html that the correct vendor ID should be 03c3:1601 and not 04b4:6572. So the camera was not connected.

I then took further advice from 'Terry' on SGL, he advised me to connect my camera directly to the USB3.0 port on the PI4 and run 'lsub' to see if the camera is correctly identified. I did this and got the below:-

It can be seen that the first line showed the correct vendor ID for the Zwo ASI 1600MM camera (03c3)

Having connected my camera directly to my PI4 I then set up a test profile in Ekos for the camera and clicked the run button, my camera connected and ran correctly?

I then attached all my other equipment to the powered USB hub and ran another test using Ekos and everything connected correctly:-

So I can get my ASI 1600MM camera to work with it connected directly to the USB 3.0 port on the Pi4. Having got my Pi4 to recognise my camera by plugging it directly into the USB 3.0 port on the pi4 I decided to plug it back into the powered USB hub to see if it would connect correctly and it did. It connected correctly with the correct Vendor ID shown on the Pi4.

I am currently running my set-up with my filter wheel plugged into the USB 2.0 port on the back of my ASI 1600MM camera and then my camera connects directly to the PI4 via the USB 3.0 cable and port, my other equipment (focuser, guider and mount) connect tp the PI4 via the powered USB hub

I hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

Doug
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed
3 years 10 months ago #53667

• Thank you received: 69

Should note that the ASI1600MM Pro has three USB ports, two USB2.0 ports (which are usually used for connecting a Filter Wheel, Guide Camera etc...), and a high speed USB3.0 port to connect the camera to the Pi (either directly or via a Powered hub).

The two USB2.0 ports are effectively a USB hub, and I would hazard a guess that the 04b4:6572 device is that USB2.0 hub.

It's not clear why you could not see the USB3.0 device when connecting through the hub, but I would put it down to power and/or initialisation issues. At least you've found a way to get everything working now.
3 years 10 months ago #53669

I'm not very good at working with a PI4 as it is all new to me and you may be correct that the Pi4 was initially picking up the USB 2.0 hub on the camera.

The bit I don't understand but I'm glad it works is the fact that prior to plugging my camera directly into the USB 3.0 port on the PI4 it would not work via the powered hub, it appears the Pi4 could not recognise it however after connecting the camera directly to the Pi4 via the USB 3.0 port and getting it recognised and working properly I can now plug it into my hub and it works.

Doug
3 years 10 months ago #53671

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.210 seconds