INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help - Unable to connect Zwo ASI 1600MM

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic Wireless Internet

It is a long time ago now, but I did have a particular problem with the initial install of Astroberry, I did post the way I resolved that issue, but it appears that my specific problems were not being experienced by others and people shouldn't try to execute the fix that I did (my fix remains in place and since using it I have not had a problem connecting to my Wifi or Ethernet).

The fix was:

#Disable DHCPCD
sudo systemctl stop dhcpcd
sudo systemctl disable dhcpcd

After doing the above I found I still got an IP address via DHCP via Network Manager, but the Default Gateway ceased to be reset to 0.0.0.0 (which meant I did not have Internet access after connecting).

Reverting the above change (in case you try it out, is a case of):

sudo systemctl enable dhcpcd
sudo systemctl start dhcpcd

Disclaimer: As mentioned others recommended I did not do the above, but I have not had an issues after quite a few imaging sessions, and it fixed a lot for me YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
3 years 11 months ago #52815

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375

You're missing a space after "cat"
3 years 11 months ago #52821

• Thank you received: 1

Thanks, I'll try again

Doug
3 years 11 months ago #52825

Ok, it looks like I've managed to resolve the issues with my Wi-Fi.

Whilst playing around trying to get my Wi-Fi to work I went into Preferences - Advanced Network Configuration and double clicked on Wireless Network to bring up the settings box. On checking the settings once again I noticed that the BAND as set to Automatic. When I clicked on this box I saw two settings for 5ghz and 2.4ghz. Instead of leaving the setting on automatic I changed it to 5ghz to see what would happen as my laptop etc were running on 5ghz. Having changed the setting to 5ghz I shut my RPI down and disconnected the Ethernet cable. When I booted up my RPI I saw that the wireless Wi-Fi was working. I could see it on my phone app, see below image and when I opened up the app it showed me that my RPI was connected wirelessly to the internet at 5Ghz and it gave me the IP address. On entering this IP address into IE I was able to see Astroberry Server and connect to it. :) :).

I have tried this a few times with the RPI in different places around my house and I am able to connect to the internet. I don't know why but in my app it sometimes shows that I'm connected at 5 ghz and other times at 2.4ghz even though the settings in Astroberry Server are set to 5GHz.

For some reason it would appear that my router does not like the automatic Wi-Fi settings in Astroberry server and you have to select either 5ghz or 2.4ghz. This may help anyone else who is having a similar problem or it may just be unique to my set-up and router.

I also ran the script to check my network configuration and my wireless network showed up :)

Image showing Wi-Fi before RPI booted up

Image showing Wi-Fi after booting up and changing the settings

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP AND ADVICE WITH THIS ONE.

I'm now going to move onto setting up my profile in Astroberry Indi Web Manager, with regards to this I use an Altair GP Cam on my guider which will be used by PHD2. Do I need to set this up in the Indi Web Manager or leave it out so it can be used by PHD2.

Thanks

Doug
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Douglas Mason. Reason: images wrong way around
3 years 11 months ago #52831
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 74
Glad you got it working Doug.

In my set up my Home network has 2 different AP - one for 2.4 and 1 for 5ghz - I set this up this way to make sure there is no "hopping" between frequencies as I had a similar problem but it was not PI it was my Sony Xperia phone.

Onwards and upward :-)

Set it up via the Astroberry Indi Web Server :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
3 years 11 months ago #52839

Hi,

I'm now moving forwards and I hope to start getting all my equipment set up and working over the following week.

One thing I have noticed and I'm not sure if it is right or not is what appears to be a problem with 'reboot'.

No matter how I am connected to my RPI and Astroberry when I click on Applications Menu - Shutdown - Reboot my RPI looks like it is rebooting then the 'connect' screen comes up. If I click on 'connect' straight away I get a message stating the connection has failed and this continues for a few minutes until I get an internet connection and then I have to enter my password to connect as I would if I had just turned the computer on.

I'm not sure if this is right but when I click on 'reboot' or enter 'sudo reboot' in the terminal it appears as if my RPI goes into a total shutdown and I have to wait for the warless networking to come back on line before I can click connect and enter my password.

I would have thought reboot would have worked similar to Windows but this does not appear to be the case, is something wrong with my set up.

I have also tried this with the Ethernet cable connected from the RPI directly to the router and it does exactly the same thing.

Can anyone offer some advice with regards to this as it looks like a reboot is the same as a shutdown on my RPI. I've done a search in Indi and elsewhere and I cannot find the answer.

Thanks

Doug
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Douglas Mason.
3 years 11 months ago #52869

Not sure what you mean but
If you are connected to the PI from a Web Browser using NOVNC then the Web browser has to be refreshed (try F5) and you will have to connect again to the PI Indi Web Server and then NOVNC to the PI via the CONNECT button.

RESTART via will close everything on the PI and reboot the PI but your Web Browser is running on another machine - just the way Astroberry works via a Web Browser not sure if there is a bug @Radek

Using Realvnc viewer on another machine that is connected to the PI will wait after you tell the PI to reboot and when the PI has rebooted Realvnc viewer will reconnect automatically.

If thats what you are doing !
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
3 years 11 months ago #52870

Thanks for the reply.

I'm connected to PI via my web browser and NOVNC.

At certain times whilst working on Astroberry it states a reboot is required and asks if you want to reboot and you click yes or if you got to shutdown there is an option to reboot. If I choose to reboot or click on the reboot tab instead of rebooting like a win10 machine does it appears as if my Pi shuts down. I get the connect screen for Astroberry but if I click on connect it tells me that it failed to make a connection and I have to wait a couple of minutes for my PI to re-connect too the internet. I then click on connect, enter my password and I'm back into Astroberry. This appears to be exactly the same as a shutdown and not a reboot, my PI does not automatically connect to the internet and reboot back to Astroberry.

As you say RealVNC waits for the internet connection to come back and then it automatically connects however I cannot use RealVNC at this time as I have problems with my screen not being the right seize when when using RealVNC and the tab to the left of the screen is not showing.

Doug
3 years 11 months ago #52871

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic Help - New to Astoberry

The behaviour you are seeing is normal.

Whren the Pi reboots it has to disconnect the network and shutdown the VNC process, you will only be able to reconnect to the VNC when the network connection is re-established and the VNC process is up and running again.

It should reboot and reconnect pretty quickly, just give it a minute or two and press F5 in your browser once it has rebooted.

VNC is different to being at the console of the system, it relies on network and a service being up and running on the Pi, both of which have to be halted while the Pi reboots.

If you use a RealVNC client rather than noVNC then RealVNC viewer will continue to poll the Pi and try to reconnect until it does.
3 years 11 months ago #52872

Thanks, at least I know this is normal behaviour.

Are you able to assist with the problem I'm having with RealVNC where the screen is a different seize to my laptop and the tab for Indi manger, clipboard etc is not in view.

I've checked the screen resolutions and my laptop and indi both show the same seize.

Doug
3 years 11 months ago #52873

On the Realvnc viewer menu bar area right click and a new window should appear. Choose PROPERTIES and then change Scale to "Fit to Window" - it should then show the complete screen.

Just did it on an old Vista laptop connected to a PI :-)

3 years 11 months ago #52874

3 years 11 months ago #52875
Attachments:

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.332 seconds