INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry + QHYCCD users

• Thank you received: 0

I tried to brainwash myself this is just part of the fun...
3 years 11 months ago #53468

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13
In answer to the question "Is there actually any success story of a fully stable astroberry / ekos/ inid setup with QHYCCD imaging equipment?" Not sure if it helps but I have a very stable setup running the QHY5L-II M as guide camera on Indi/Ekos on a Rock64, although I built it using the simple download Ubuntu instructions at: indilib.org/download/ubuntu.html. I have been using the setup with changes of equipment for about 2 years. Some learning: use a well powered USB hub; make sure the 12v supply has enough power, I use RoyPow 12V 10A Adapter, wires beats wireless, my Rock64 has a wired ethernet connection. One of the challenges of Indi/Ekos is that there are so many options & settings and it takes some digging to get them right. So recently I found Astrometry stopped solving when I changed spacing on a scope and it took me a while to find the setting to get it to forget the old "FOV". But when then once I have a settled config everything works wonderfully.
3 years 11 months ago #53625

What's your main camera? Is it also a QHY CCD?

One of the problems I'm facing is that multiple QHY cameras can't live together with astroberry, but only 1 is fine.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Sundewaholic.
3 years 11 months ago #53808

• Thank you received: 13
Main camera is ZWO294MC so guess I dodged that issue, also use other ZWOs and DSLR.
3 years 11 months ago #53809

I guess you can leave all USB ports plugged in and run ekos / indi without any problems.

For QHY cameras, I have to make sure the QHY camera won't confuse with the other one by plugging in one at a time after certain settings in ekos, but I get some other error with the main camera that I'm unable to resolve.
3 years 11 months ago #53816

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by Miguel on topic Astroberry + QHYCCD users

Hi there!

I'm also an Astroberry (2.0.3) user running on a rpi4. My devices are: eq6r pro mount, electronic focuser, qhy5-ii-l mono guide cam, and a dslr as the main image camera (planning to buy a mono QHY, but still deciding). My 4 usb ports are busy. Everything is working fine. It's true I have had some problems, and actually sometimes kstars crashes or experience some strange behaviour, but I can live with it. The solution is fantastic for remote imaging.
For now I will continue using this setup, and I recommend it.

Can anybody confirm, by the way, if actually two qhy cams work together at the same time flawlessly?

Glad to find this post and exchange experiences.

Regards
2 years 7 months ago #75432

• Thank you received: 12
I use a 163M and 5L-II-M with my Raspberry Pi 4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miguel
2 years 7 months ago #75436

thanks!! good to know!
2 years 7 months ago #75442

Hi all,

I've been using Kstars/Ekos via Astroberry on a Rpi4 for a while now with my DSLR etc and all is going fine.

I've just upgraded to a QHY294m-pro. Ekos can connect to the QHY camera but i have a question about its drivers. 

In the general info tab, the sdk shows 21.7.3 (see image) but i know the recent QHY SDK is 21.09.10. Should this be updated? How do i go about updating this if needed?
Also how do i know if version 2.8 and interface 2 is the most recent and if i need to update that too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
2 years 7 months ago #75609
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 375
Updates of binary drivers come along regular updates with apt . No manual update is needed nor recommended
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Ams
2 years 7 months ago #75619

I thought updating sdk manually was good and resolved some issues. Good to know it's better not to do it!
2 years 7 months ago #75621

• Thank you received: 21

Replied by Grimaldi on topic Astroberry + QHYCCD users

Qhy cams have been updated in latest indi (git). I believe it‘ll take some time until either Raspian or Radek update repositories :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Ams
2 years 7 months ago #75631

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.270 seconds