INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry tutorial basic

• Thank you received: 7
Hi,
Now I'm on my new project with a Raspberry. For a Window man this is always confusing but with a lot of help from this forum I do progress.

I have documented what I have done so far, it's only the basic setup (yet):
www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/projects/pr...rs-raspberrypi4.html

Maybe to some help for others.

/Lars
3 years 10 months ago #53205

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 30

Replied by Joaquin on topic Astroberry tutorial basic

thank you for the tutorial. Very helpful. Hope you can extend it with more info soon...
Any idea of why so many crashes when using live view in the focus panel ? this is also my experience.
I have had a very tough week trying to learn (stellarmate in my case) how to work kstars/ekos/indi. I am surprised of how often the system crashes to full dead and it is necessary to restart kstars. I also use APT and that is a very different world... Much more stable. But I wanted wifi with DSLR....
Another characteristic you already comment is the unreliable setting of the indi parameters. Sometimes they are saved, sometimes they are not, and sometimes a parameter that has been saved, changes its value....
joaquin
3 years 10 months ago #53981

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by Lars on topic Astroberry tutorial basic

Hi Joaquin,
Yes it's strange with these crashes, but I think that different Canon cameras doesn't beheave exactly the same. I hope I get an answer from someone here about the Canon 6D because I'm stuck for the moment.

But I really want the Raspberry to work because it will be a very good astro server for me. And open source is always to prefer. I'm sorry that I can't write the code myself, but working on it. I have started with the EQMOD, it doesn't have the same futures as the Windows version. The setup of the gear ratio is missing. With help from people here I have done another version of the EQMOD with my own gear ratios. But haven't compiled it yet and installed it on the Raspberry. Everything take so long time for me when working with Linux.

The other problem with the GPS receiver I don't think is so complicated to solve. Could be the setup only to correct.

This is the last thing I have wrote on my Raspberry project:
www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/projects/pr...rs-raspberrypi4.html

I have a parallell Raspberry project, that is a media center for the HTPC. Learn from that too.

/Lars
3 years 10 months ago #54095

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds