INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Unable to connect to Server

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I am trying to connect my raspberry pi4 astroberry server. I am using 2.0.1.
I can startup the astroberry.local webbrowser and configure a profile,
Also, I can connect to the hot spot via wifi.
I can ssh into the server and configure the GPS location by editing the /etc/location.conf file, that also shows up in the map in the desktop browser.
It looks like I can setup devices and cause the server to reboot via interaction with the desktop.
My Raspberry PI has and eth0 connection to my local network and I can see the hotspot is up.
When I click on the big green connect button in the desktop, it fails with a red banner across the top edge of the browser window.
Can anyone glean what my issue might be? Thanks
SteveS
3 years 11 months ago #54187

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
Screenshot would be helpful here
3 years 10 months ago #54221

So it looks like the indiwebmanager isnt starting, probably due to an install error but Im not sure what to do now..

3 years 10 months ago #54233
Attachments:

indiwebmanager looks fine. It looks like vnc server is down. Can you connect using VNC client? e.g. RealVNC. Probably not.
You can diagnose the issue by checking if VNC service is running: sudo systemctl status vncserver-x11-serviced.service
3 years 10 months ago #54234

I get the following ..

3 years 10 months ago #54235
Attachments:

Everything is fine on this side. I believe that some old data is cached in your browser and noVNC cannot establish a session.
Clear cookies and make sure that no old passwords are remembered. Also test both secure connection i.e. https://astroberry.local and insecure http://astroberry.local
3 years 10 months ago #54261

Kaczorek,
I ve cleared my browser cache and cookies. Unfortunately that didnt fix the issue.
I still get the failed to "connect to server " banner . I can connect to astroberry.local (and astroberry.local), I can ssh to the server as user astroberry,
I can ping my remote pc, google.com, from the server (as user astroberry), and I can also ping (from my remote PC) astroberry.local.
Connectivity seems fine.
I guess I ll just start over, re image my SD card with raspian buster, follow the installation instructions a second time and see what happens.
Thanks for your help, it IS greatly appreciated!
SteveS

3 years 10 months ago #54300
Attachments:

It must be some kind of isolated issue. We can try to nail it but maybe it is much more effective to reflash SD card with fresh image. Let me know how it goes.
Clear skies and stay safe!
3 years 10 months ago #54345

Re-flashed the SD card and discovered my mistake in the installation process.
I can now connect to the RPI/server via astroberry.local/desktop.

I can launch PHD and other apps except that Kstars doesnt run, I see the splash screen but nothing beyond that appears...
3 years 10 months ago #54407

So what was the mistake? This info could be useful for others.
What did you do after flashing? I'm not able to help based on info "KStars doesn't run". Open terminal window and use
kstars
to launch KStars from it. Observe the output
3 years 10 months ago #54434

My first try started by installing raspian buster and then following the command line instructions listed under advanced installations.
I think I mis-typed the second command "sudo su -c "echo 'deb www.astroberry.io/repo/ buster main' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/astroberry.list""
the second try I was able to get connected but kstars would nt run, running it in a terminal produced a couple errors something about missing one or more databases.
I decided to try the "easier" approach of unzipping the unzip astroberry-server_2.0.1.img.zip file and writing that with etcher. That too failed, but in looking at the boot errors , I was recalled that Etcher has some settings which might impact the installation and which arent mentioned in the instructions.
I checked the "trim ext(2,3,4 ) partitions" check box and that installation seems to work.

I am able to connect to astroberry server, run kStars, I can connect and control my Atlas Orion, and my Canon T3i. Everything runs (somewhat slowly, despite over clocking the RPI4) so now to get some experience with the system.
thanks for your help, and I hope that comments might helps others wit their install.

3 years 10 months ago #54568
Attachments:

I have exactly the same issue. I was having trouble with Astroberry settings, so I started from scratch, new SD card, same burning software as before (Win32DiskManager - I can never get Etcher to install), and in spite of many attempts, all I get is the Astroberry opening screen with the "Start" button. When I click on connect, all I get is the failed to connect error. Over and over again on my iPad. I can get it to connect on my Win 10 PC, enter the wifi info, but the iPad fails to connect.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Bill McDaniel.
3 years 4 months ago #64660

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.174 seconds