INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Eqmod driver crashes everytime upon connecting

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone, I'm new here and a total beginner (also never used linux systems before). Despite this, I managed to load my raspberry pi4 with astroberry and I'm trying to connect my Skywatcher Heq-5 pro through the eqdir cable (serial-usb). Here the step I made:

- installed astroberry and using it through remote connection to my notebook.
- Since I couldn't find any driver for my mount on the INDI sidebar, I installed EQMOD from the official link.
- Now EQMOD is shown in the INDI panel, I select it in the profile, which it correctly starts on the port 7624.
- I open Kstars, go in the device manager, select EQMOD. But when I click on Run Service, the drivers crashes reporting "symbol lookup error" among the other things.

I'm sure the hardware is ok, I normally use the eqdir cable with my windows notebook without any problems. I tried also to use PHD2 and the mount is not communicating with it.
Any idea or suggestions?
3 years 9 months ago #55029

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226
Whatever version of EQmod you found was probably compiled with out of date libraries.
Although I am not experienced with Astroberry. It should already include all the 3rd-party INDI drivers, including EQmod.
You may want to reinstall Astroberry with the latest version. www.astroberry.io/#download
That would probably be easier than instructing you to compile the driver for yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lorenzo
3 years 9 months ago #55034

• Thank you received: 420
What link is the "official link" that you installed the EQMod driver from? It is included in Ekos under SkyWatcher so no need to install any external drivers. I have used the one that comes with Ekos with my HEQ5-Pro for nearly three years now without any problems whatsoever.

HTH, Wouter
3 years 9 months ago #55035

Thank you for the fast reply, the link was this www.indilib.org/devices/mounts/eqmod.html .
So I'll try to reinstall everything. Meanwhile I made a screenshot of the error log:

3 years 9 months ago #55036
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 375
EQMod driver is available in Astroberry. Same as all other INDI drivers. No need to install anything.
Reflash your SD card and start over.
3 years 9 months ago #55037

Just tried to flash again and everything worked correctly! Problem solved, didn't think could be that easy. Thank you all again.
3 years 9 months ago #55048

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.994 seconds