INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

a minimalistic astroberry server ... just an idea ...

• Thank you received: 27
hi!
i have an idea. i have a wlan spawn by my controller - TSC- in my observatory. this access point acts as the central network for retrieving camera images and so on. by now, I have a asi 1600 mm on the main scope, an as 120 MM for guiding, a canon DSLR with an old mamiya 210 mm lens and a little semi-apo with 400 mm and an asi 178 MC. the canon and the apo are mounted on the main scope. however, i cannot schedule two or three cameras independently using EKOS, right? or did i miss something?

what i did now is i installed astroberry server on a 2 GB raspi 4 and i attached the 178MC to it. on this raspi, i can run a second local instance of EKOS. however, i do not want a display on that one, so here is what i did:
- attached an e-paper that just displays the SSID and the address of the raspi 4 via a little c-program - just for feedback ...
- attached a hwclock - DS3231
- attached a momentary switch that is monitored by the c-program mentioned above. if it is pressed for 5 seconds, the raspi shuts down.

this is a very cheap solution, and if i want to see what EKOS does on that one, i can dial in via VNC.

is that something of interest for anyone else? i am in the process of making a PCB, so just let me know ...
yours wolfi
3 years 8 months ago #56336

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

this is what it looks like ...
yours wolfi
3 years 8 months ago #56338
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Interesting idea. I am certain that EKOS can track and shoot pictures. I have three cameras. I wanted just two but, a broken one was replaced by QHYCCD. Thank you QHYCCD!

I haven’t had a need to operate all three at the same time. All three can do video. I need 1 to PolarAlign. The other two for guidance and pictures.

What is motivating this solution?
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by John Robison.
3 years 8 months ago #56375

hi!

as said before, i have up to three cameras mounted on the same scope. the idea is to take images of the same object at different scales, for instance for improving RGB. the 13" f/4 has almost the same FOV with the 1600 MM as the semi apo with the 178, so it might be worth a try. still, i need a second instance of EKOS to control it. i could as well start a second instance on the main computer, but i thought it would be charming to have a minimalistic displayless astroberry. the only problem is that i can catch the wrong SSID, and the i have trouble getting in there ...
yours wolfi
3 years 8 months ago #56386

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.031 seconds