INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How Update Kstars on Astroberry RPi4

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Mine has been doing this same behavior. I use a 7” monitor to view the console, ring 0. Usually, I have to include a keyboard and mouse. I have to supply a password.
2 years 9 months ago #71774

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
I connected to a keyboard and monitor, but it was just a black screen.

I have since installed Astroberry 2.0.3 and it came up fine. Seems a few configuration bugs have been worked out, too, as I didn't have to jump through hoops to get my gps (UART) working, and configuring connection to my wifi was much simpler than previously. 

So, it *seems* like I am in pretty good shape for Kstars 3.5.3 when it comes out. Actually glad this crash happened now rather than later. ;)
2 years 9 months ago #71777

• Thank you received: 69
The way the HDMI works on the Pi is that if it is already booted up and you then connect a monitor then you just see a blank screen.
I have found it necessary to have the screen connected and powered up, and then turn on the Pi - you should see something on the screen even before it finds the boot image.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Nixon
2 years 9 months ago #71784

I had the tv power up ready to go. The Pi blinked momentarily like it was going to do something, then I kept getting 4 blinks on the green LED.

Fortunately, it was not a big deal to install the latest version.
2 years 9 months ago #71831

• Thank you received: 30
Four blinks of the green led indicates the system can not find (maybe corrupted) some starting files (.elf)
Few days ago, after an upgrade I got seven blinks when rebooting. This indicates the system can not find the kernel.
i had to burn again the stellarmate image. There are methods to recover the system without losing your files but I found them a bit complicated. In my case, I mounted the sd card on another raspberry and copied the important files before burning the image.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Nixon
2 years 9 months ago #71832

• Thank you received: 21
2 years 9 months ago #71833

I am a bit frustrated at the moment. I thought I read where KStars 3.5.2 was part of Astroberry, so I expected it to be there with the latest Astroberry install I did. It was not. Thinking maybe I needed to update/upgrade, I the the sudo apt update and that went fine. I then did sudo apt upgrade, and that pretty much wiped my sdcard back to 4 green blinks and almost nothing on the sdcard. Having to start all over again. 

For now, I'll look on the bright side and say I needed the experience anyway. ;)
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Paul Nixon. Reason: correction
2 years 9 months ago #71840

• Thank you received: 155
I updated my Astroberry (Sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade) and I now have KStars 3.5.2
I was hoping for KStars 3.5.3

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Peter Kennett.
2 years 9 months ago #71841
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 5
KStars 3.5.3 is not available yet on Astroberry. It is promised soon?

There seems to be an issue with KStars 3.5.3 on RPi it does not include Ekos even if you compile from source.

A fix is still awaited.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon_G
2 years 9 months ago #71846

• Thank you received: 50
Just wondering what extras we’re anticipating with 3.5.3?
I been running Astroberry 2.0.3 since it was launched, on two Astro rigs. I updated each a couple of weeks ago (sudo apt update followed by sudo apt full-upgrade to make sure I caught any dependencies). I have been pretty happy with the resulting upgrade to version (or perhaps sub-version of) 3.5.2 which does include the updated polar alignment vector errors that an earlier post was mentioning. 
I have had more than one failed microSD card over the 2+ years I’ve been using Raspberry Pi 4s, and now run only from SSDs for speed, size and reliability.
2 years 9 months ago #71849

• Thank you received: 155
The current version of INDI on the latest Astroberry has a bug in the Nexdome Driver.  It has been fixed in version 1.9.0.
Does anyone know when Astroberry will get the new updated INDI and KStars (3.5.3)?

Peter
2 years 9 months ago #72041

• Thank you received: 5
It might be a while.

Astroberry is only updated infrequently.
2 years 9 months ago #72045

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 1.258 seconds