INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How Update Kstars on Astroberry RPi4

• Thank you received: 5
KStars 3.5.3 is not available yet on Astroberry. It is promised soon?

There seems to be an issue with KStars 3.5.3 on RPi it does not include Ekos even if you compile from source.

A fix is still awaited.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon_G
2 years 10 months ago #71846

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 50
Just wondering what extras we’re anticipating with 3.5.3?
I been running Astroberry 2.0.3 since it was launched, on two Astro rigs. I updated each a couple of weeks ago (sudo apt update followed by sudo apt full-upgrade to make sure I caught any dependencies). I have been pretty happy with the resulting upgrade to version (or perhaps sub-version of) 3.5.2 which does include the updated polar alignment vector errors that an earlier post was mentioning. 
I have had more than one failed microSD card over the 2+ years I’ve been using Raspberry Pi 4s, and now run only from SSDs for speed, size and reliability.
2 years 10 months ago #71849

• Thank you received: 155
The current version of INDI on the latest Astroberry has a bug in the Nexdome Driver.  It has been fixed in version 1.9.0.
Does anyone know when Astroberry will get the new updated INDI and KStars (3.5.3)?

Peter
2 years 10 months ago #72041

It might be a while.

Astroberry is only updated infrequently.
2 years 10 months ago #72045

• Thank you received: 2
I love chasing the lastest version of softwares but Kstars really taught me not to. 3.4.2 worked fine for me and when I started using 3.4.3, 3.5.0 and all the way to 3.5.3, I had bad night almost every time.
2 years 10 months ago #72134

• Thank you received: 69
I agree, I feel I should have two images, one for testing the latest version, and another for trying to do astronomy with. There are far too many glitches / changes of operation with version updates for both INDI and Kstars that doing regular updates to something that already works isn't such a good idea. Especially when imaging time is limited.
2 years 10 months ago #72138

On my SBC, I have an apt installed version which I refrain myself to upgrade and I compiled from source to try new features like the new PA procedure.
2 years 10 months ago #72139

I agree I now have a working version of Kstars/Ekos (+Indi) which I don't change and another testing version which I can download the latest daily releases and compile from scratch. There is a thread on here about it using a script and it works perfectly.

indilib.org/forum/general/9748-build-kst...-from-git.html#71973
2 years 10 months ago #72140

• Thank you received: 30
It would be great to have something like a Long Term Support distribution,
2 years 10 months ago #72158

Hi all

Today I've checked for updates (sudo apt get update...) and I have seen that kstas 3.5.3 is at last ready for update.
I have updated it (after backing up my SD, of course).

Bad news for me:
- Lx200 OnStep driver is not the latest one (the one that includes rotator support)
- Artificial horizon vs sky colors have been swapped
- PHD2 does not connect with my mount (indi works, but does not connect to the mount) and exits after retrying.

Back to the previous version for now.

Regards,

Jordi.
2 years 9 months ago #72619

• Thank you received: 1
I also set up astroberry 2.0.3 and got after update upgrade an kstars 3.5.4
Unfortunately Lx200 OnStep does not start.
Indi stops connection with message that USB port is already in use......

First i thought this must be a hardware issue.
Has anybody a solution?

RC6;EQ5; OnStep STM32 Blackpill ; Omega Pro ; ASI120s
2 years 9 months ago #73656

• Thank you received: 50
A number of us (including @astronerd) have a similar problem that started when Raspberry Pi.org updated the RPi Linux kernel last summer, and although have been several kernel updates since then, the problem lingers. For some users it’s an insurmountable issue, for me I have found a few tricks that sometimes act like a workaround. In my case the two USB ports drive the mount and a Pegasus PPB, both through USB to serial converter chips. If I suffer the problem, I run with an equipment profile which omits the PPB and then return to the full profile and try again. This usually works, and I notice that the order of the Indi tabs is different with the mount as the first tab.
2 years 8 months ago #73672

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.752 seconds