INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry remonte on Windows 10 problem

• Thank you received: 1
Good morning all . I have a box with a raspberry pi 3b + under ubuntu mate 16.04 with KStars and Indi installed on it. My CCD Zwo Asi 385 MC, my touptek 200kpa guide, the Zwo EAF focuser, the Eqmod mount and the GPS all work in hotspot. The problem is that the Pi crashes regularly and I have phenomenal latency!

So I installed on another micro-sd, Astroberry server. The pi is on my telescope and all my peripherals plugged into a powered usb hub. I start the pi, I go to my PC under windows 10 or I installed Kstars. I entered my peripherals under Kstars (on the pc). I open my internet browser, I connect to the Astroberry server and I click on the telescope icon. The I have ONLY THE SIMULATION MODE! and I can't put anything else. If I run the connection from kstars on my pc I also only have the simulators. I do not understand anything anymore ...

Thanks in advance because I missed something. My goal was to reduce the resources of the raspberry!
3 years 8 months ago #57395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
In fact, I would like to know if it is possible to have a laptop PC running Windows 10 with Kstars installed on it which drives a Raspberry Pi 3B + running Ubuntu Mate 16.04 (Astroberry Server) on the telescope. (With Asi 385 MC, Touptek 2000kpa, Focuser and Eqmod mount) And especially the procedure to follow!

Thank you
3 years 8 months ago #57428

• Thank you received: 8
Hey KillRoyCool,

There are 2 options for using a remote PI
  • You use VNC, in the case of Astroberry you can use an app to connect to the VNC server or use the web VNC at astroberry.local/desktop/ and click connect and you have the desktop. Use Ekos there, which is what is happening on the RPi though I found I get graphics performance issues with my RPi4. From you initial post it's not clear if you got a new RPi or you just using Astroberry on the old one, if it's the same one you're just as likely to have performance issues.
  • Run the INDI Web Manager, you can do this from astroberry.local/desktop/ and click connect and the left hand side menu gives you the ability to run the INDI web manger

If you want to use Ekos locally then the second option is your way to go. In the INDI web manager you can start the services you need, and if you want to do 'remote' plate solving rather than online you will also have to have the INDI manager to start 'Astrometry' driver too. On your local Ekos you list the services you want as usual, mount, CCD, guide, GPSD, Astrometry, etc.

INDI Web Manager

Local Ekos Profile - using remote (ignore host astrogruff.local as that's how I've renamed my Astroberry server)

Local INDI Manager after connect
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Will Gauvin.
3 years 8 months ago #57430
Attachments:

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.462 seconds