INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Network Issues

• Thank you received: 0
I just purchased the RPi 4B and downloaded Astroberry 2.0.
It boots up OK but unlike NOOBS and Stellarmate OS it boots up into a network config whereby my wireless router can't see it and I can't "remote" to it.
How do I reconfigure the network interface so I can "remote" to it or at least ping it?
If I have to connect a keyboard/display/mouse to it I will but that kind of defeats the purpose of attaching it to my telescope camera remotely.

Thanks

Doug
3 years 8 months ago #57576

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 50

Replied by Avocette on topic Network Issues

Astroberry wakes up in a hotspot mode without any knowledge of your WiFi network. For the first use you could use a display, keyboard and mouse, or else you could link into the RPi with a phone/tablet or laptop using VNC viewer or similar. The hotspot is usually 2.4GHz SSID astroberry with the same password at start up.
3 years 8 months ago #57581

Replied by Doug MacGregor on topic Network Issues

I have tried using VNC on my Galaxy A20 but it can't find the HotSpot.
Do I use 10.42.0.1 as the IP address?
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Doug MacGregor.
3 years 8 months ago #57587

I presume you did first set up your RPi with a connected keyboard, mouse and display, otherwise you wouldn't be able to go through the first few set up questions to get it fully running. IHowever once this is done it will probably reboot and operate in HotSpot mode which you would be able to see in the task bar as a white staircase. Hover over this and a tooltip will show you that it is the Astroberry hotspot that is active..If so with the Galaxy quite close to the RPi, go into something like the Galaxy WiFi Settings, tell it to disconnect from the WiFi of your router, and try to lock on to astroberry. It may warn you that the security is not of the highest type but press on. The 10.42.0,1 is the IP address of the astroberry hotspot, but you don't usually search for it. .
3 years 8 months ago #57588

Replied by Doug MacGregor on topic Network Issues

The only new network I can see on my Galaxy is one named CHANGEME.
Is that the one I want?
It can't connect at 10.42.0.1 because it says that the password is wrong.
Do I configure the connection using DHCP or static IP address?
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Doug MacGregor.
3 years 8 months ago #57591

• Thank you received: 140

Replied by AstroNerd on topic Network Issues

You don’t need to use a mouse and keyboard on first use.
Whatever device you are connecting to Astroberry with needs to be connected to the Astroberry hotspot, which is named Astroberry, then type in the address bar Astroberry.local
And connect to VNC with the password Astroberry, then you will get into the home page..then you can set up to connect to your home router..
3 years 8 months ago #57592

I normally set up a fresh installation with keyboard/mouse/display although to be clear, this on a second RPi4 that is near my Desktop PC where I download images and make SD cards etc. CHANGEME is a ‘empty’ WLAN entry in the Astroberry wireless settings which you could edit to set up with your home SSID and password, but only if you are already logged in to the astroberry interface. I have no idea why you are seeing it as the broadcast hotspot name!
3 years 8 months ago #57598

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds