INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI2600MC

• Thank you received: 0

ASI2600MC was created by Alin Tolea

so I installed astroberry 2.0.2 on a rasp 4 (8g). all fun and games, but I need to upgrade the indi drivers/library to the latest version, as what's there doesn't seem to have drivers for ZWO cameras (there;s no ASI/ZWO camera option in the indi web manager menus when creating a new configuration, and it really needs to be the latest to support my asi 2600-mc-pro.

So, how do i install the latest indi/drivers?

Alin
3 years 8 months ago #57737

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 50

Replied by Avocette on topic ASI2600MC

You've reawoken an old thread here. Not sure about the driver for the ASI2600MC Pro but there are certainly ZWO camera drivers already installed including for my ASI533MC Pro.
3 years 8 months ago #57741

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic ASI2600MC

I have created new topic for this.

Regarding ASI2600MC, I'm not sure that it is even supported by ZWO SDK for linux. When the camera was released?
3 years 8 months ago #57743

• Thank you received: 420

Replied by Wouter van Reeven on topic ASI2600MC

The camera was released at the start of this year and is certainly supported by the ZWO driver. My girlfriend bought one a few days ago and we got it to work with KStars.

However, that's not the question. It seems that the ZWO drivers are missing all together.
3 years 8 months ago #57745

Replied by Alin Tolea on topic ASI2600MC

To be exact, the ZWO drivers are NOT an option when trying to create a profile with the Indi Web manager. However, if one installs another indiserver manager like indistarter (i just did), zwo drivers are an option, but I think it's because indistarter packages its own indi distribution.

So, whatever indi distribution is packaged with astroberry that the indi web manager is trying to access, the ZWO camera drivers are missing. Thus my _original_ question, how does one update libindi and the libindi device drivers with astroberry?

Alin
3 years 8 months ago #57749

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic ASI2600MC

I'm not sure how you got yourself in this position, I have Astroberry installed on a Pi4 8GB and I can see "ZWO CCD" as an option in the Indi Web Manager

Maybe you need to do "sudo apt install indi-asi" ?
3 years 8 months ago #57752

by installing the latest astroberry image on a fresh card :D? i didn't "get myself into this".

and i think someone else mentioned the same issue.

if i have to install it, it wasn't there to begin with, right?

i'm not making things up just to get attention on indi forums, btw. i encountered a genuine issue from a fresh install. ain't there when i first boot, ain't there after apt-upgrade.

i know there ARE ways to fix this (as i mentioned, i fixed it by installing another indi manager that comes with its own indi drivers), i'm just raising a flag that it seems to be missing somehow.

Alin
3 years 8 months ago #57755

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Giles on topic ASI2600MC

I'm just saying I don't know how this has happened to you, I recently installed the same image as you, and I have the ZWO CCD drivers available from the outset.
I'm just raising a flag that it works for me and I didn't fix anything to make it work.
3 years 8 months ago #57756

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic ASI2600MC

ASI drivers ARE part of Astroberry Server distribution. If they are not on INDI Web Manager / Ekos list you might have removed them somehow.
To reinstall ZWO ASI drivers run:
sudo apt install indi-asi

BTW. you are wrong saying "as i mentioned, i fixed it by installing another indi manager that comes with its own indi drivers". There is no such a thing as "own drivers". INDI server and indi drivers are central component of the system and are just used by other software packages. If you installed anything from alien repositiories you have probably broken some dependencies in your system. Example would be using procedure for Ubuntu on Astroberry (which is Debian/Raspbian based).
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Radek Kaczorek.
3 years 8 months ago #57758

well, it seems that ZWO CCD IS there after all after the apt upgrade step...
3 years 8 months ago #57759

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.690 seconds