INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Phone/tablet friendly interface for Ekos

• Thank you received: 15
Sorry for my ignorance. I see now that Ekos uses Dbus for scripting. I should have done my homework before posting...
3 years 7 months ago #58155

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
Here you can find the ekoslive for ubuntu 18.04 64bit launchpad.net/~mutlaqja/+archive/ubuntu/...ntu18.04.1_arm64.deb
But I do not know how to use it. How can I access It after that was installed???
3 years 7 months ago #58187

• Thank you received: 120
You've inspired me to create this: github.com/rickbassham/ekos-web

It doesn't control the session, but will let you keep tabs on it from a mobile device.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek, Ricardo Serpell
3 years 7 months ago #58200

If there is a version of EkosLive that works offline, why do you have to built another system that do the same things??? In Atikbase seems thai it is present and use MongoDB to do some stuff.
3 years 7 months ago #58206

Thanks!
Looks like a great starting point. I'll check it.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Ricardo Serpell.
3 years 7 months ago #58207

I haven't found much information about Ekos live outside the Stellarmate pages (I use Astroberry), neither about it's offline version. Can you point me to instructions on how to implement it ?

I'm looking for a simple, offline, free, solution to interact with Ekos through a smartphone or tablet, that could be customized for mine (or anyone's) requirements. I think web-based is perfect. If Ekos live offline can do that and is available to us all, then no need to look further. I guess customizing it's Interface would be a matter of simple html and css editing.

Ricardo
3 years 7 months ago #58208

EkosLive offline is mentioned in the Atikbase product. You can find the ubuntu packages on this repository launchpad.net/~mutlaqja/+archive/ubuntu/bluez/+packages I installed the Raspbian version, but I modified something to adapt it on my system but it does not work.
For me is not a problemi continuing using the VNC connection, if there is another way to manage the session, good, otherwise not a problem
3 years 7 months ago #58211

• Thank you received: 120
@porkyhttp The only version of EkosLive offline that I've found is on StellarMate. Since I don't do imaging from a raspberry pi for my setup, I can't use StellarMate there, so I can't use EkosLive Offline. And since I don't have an internet connection where I image from, I can't use the online version either. So I created this. It doesn't do the same things as Ekos Live, it just uses the same communication protocol that Ekos Live uses. It solves my need, so that's why I built it.
3 years 7 months ago #58212

I am not able to login in OFFLINE mode, I do not know where is the problem
3 years 7 months ago #58223
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 139
Is there a reason you choose to use LIVE instead of the iOS or Android Stellarmate app? Or do you specifically need a web interface like EKOS Live?
3 years 7 months ago #58249

I do not use StellarmateOS, I built my OS starting from Raspbian and I installed what I need.
Stellarmate's app works also if you do not have StellarmateOS???
3 years 7 months ago #58253

• Thank you received: 139
Ah ok, I must have missed that. StellarMate OS is required. $50 isn't much to spend if that's a feature you need. Easier than rolling your own solution unless you just like to tinker. :)
3 years 7 months ago #58255

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.908 seconds