INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

libindi compilation

• Thank you received: 5
@Kaczorek: I am having some difficulty "handcompiling" libindi within my astroberry. I am running astroberry on a pi4. I have done update & upgrade & distupgrade last week, so I assume I am current with regard to the version.
I wanted to try the Alt-Az driver for my AZ-EQ6. This driver will not work with the current version of libindi. Geehalel was kind enough to fix the problem and he set up a branch within libindi so I could compile it for my system (indilib.org/forum/wish-list/7524-alt-az-...-eqmod.html?start=36).
However, after following the instructions to compile this branch, I ended up with a libindi which could no longer connect to most of my equipment. Neither the eqmod, nor the altaz driver would work. Only connection to the USB cameras did still work. I than reverted to the official branch by again following the instructions for hand compiling (as set out here: github.com/indilib/indi#building). Thereafter, my indi would work normal again, but I did not have the benefit of the fixed Alt-Az driver.
Please let me know, whether you have any advice here of what I could do to make it work.
Many thanks & many thanks anyhow for the marvelous work you did with Astroberry. Great system !!!
3 years 7 months ago #60041

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
At least eqmod (and likely also altaz?) isn't part of the main indi, it's within indi-3rdparty, and you'd have to compile and install those, too...
3 years 7 months ago #60074

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic libindi compilation

Normally when you recompile libindi (the core INDI library, which is used by all drivers) you need to recompile all drivers to use it. To make it work you would have to:
1) remove existing libindi (it will actually remove lots of packages from your system as it is required by number of packages)
2) compile own libindi
3) recompile drivers

It's a lot of work and it's pretty much what I do when preparing a new release. You can go this way or... wait until I do it ;-)
I will give it a look this week.
3 years 6 months ago #60299

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Dirk Tetzlaff on topic libindi compilation

many thanks. Will wait then. I am not so linux wise...
3 years 6 months ago #60310

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.665 seconds