INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry and cr3 canon 250d

• Thank you received: 0
Hi.

I'm new to the forum and I've been struggling with my canon 250d and ekos for several weeks.

The camera connects perfectly, but when I put the capture in raw mode it tells me that the cr3 format is not compatible.

I have read that the new libraw requests this problem.

I do not have much knowledge of linux although I know people who could help me in this regard.

How could you solve this problem?

thanks
3 years 5 months ago #60816

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Perhaps @knro or @Kaczorek have more information about this, because I've seen that on Stellarmate v1.5.3, they have included KStars/Ekos 3.4.3 and support for CR3 and I don't understand why other builds of the same 3.4.3 version doesn't have support for CR3.

Until now I was thinking that a concrete version of INDILib was related with a version of KStars and if this is true, all the dependencies (on this case the libraw library version) should be in sync.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chema Rodriguez
3 years 5 months ago #60838

Hello good day.

I have been able to request the problem of the cr3 files.

I have only been able to test it at home since I have not had a good day to go out to the field and test, but it seems that everything is going more or less well.

I have solved it by following the steps that I put in this link.

Solution .

Only works with ccdciel.

I hope someone finds it helpful.

Greetings.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Chema Rodriguez.
3 years 5 months ago #61231

• Thank you received: 27
Yes, the solution works for CCDCIEL, but it does not work for Kstars: I tried pointing Kstars to libraw 0.20 binary, built using the instructions above, but Kstars crashes upon startup.
Any ideas on how to get this working?
3 years 3 months ago #63838

• Thank you received: 40

Replied by Hans on topic Astroberry and cr3 canon 250d

UPDATE: this hack does not work. Leaving the rest of this post here as reference.

I may have an intermediate solution for astroberry users.
I've made Debian installation packages for libraw_0.20.2-1 for arm7 (RPI) as a backport of 'bullseye' release. My astroberry version is Raspbian version 10 which is based on Debian 'buster'.
The packages are attached in a zip file and can be tested.  

File Attachment:

File Name: astroberry...rmhf.zip
File Size:421 KB

Installation instructions :

# Unzip the zip file on your astroberry
unzip astroberry-libraw_0.20.2-1_armhf.zip
# This extracts two package files : libraw20_0.20.2-1_armhf.deb and libraw-bin_0.20.2-1_armhf.deb

# Install both packages
 sudo dpkg -i libraw20_0.20.2-1_armhf.deb libraw-bin_0.20.2-1_armhf.deb
# This upgrades libraw-bin from 0.19.2-2 to 0.20.2-1 and installs libraw20:armhf next to libraw19:armhf

# Now the tricky part, we still have libraw19:armhf and its libraries are used by kstars etc. 
ls -la /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw* | grep -v libraw1394
# This produces :
<code># lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      18 Jan 10  2019 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw_r.so.19 -> libraw_r.so.19.0.0
# -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  837144 Jan 10  2019 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw_r.so.19.0.0
# lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      18 Oct 19  2020 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw_r.so.20 -> libraw_r.so.20.0.0
# -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1007808 Oct 19  2020 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw_r.so.20.0.0
# lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      16 Jan 10  2019 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw.so.19 -> libraw.so.19.0.0
# -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  837144 Jan 10  2019 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw.so.19.0.0
# lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      16 Oct 19  2020 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw.so.20 -> libraw.so.20.0.0
# -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1007808 Oct 19  2020 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw.so.20.0.0</code>

# We have both libraw version 19 and 20 libraries. Now the dirty part: we can repoint the symlinks :
sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw.so.20.0.0 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw.so.19
sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw_r.so.20.0.0 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw_r.so.19
# This way only the libraw version 20 will be used.

That's it. Test away. I cannot test myself as my Canon camera is too old and has a broken USB socket.

In case you want to revert :
sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw.so.19.0.0 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw.so.19
sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw_r.so.19.0.0 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libraw_r.so.19
sudo apt remove libraw-bin libraw20:armhf
sudo apt install libraw-bin # this gets you the 19 version back from the repository

UPDATE: this hack does not work. Leaving the rest of this post here as reference. Use the revert commands at the end of this post to clean up.

-- Hans

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Hans.
2 years 10 months ago #71128
Attachments:

Hi Hans, I performed your steps to install libraw version 20 and tested it with my Canon EOS RP.  It caused the INDI driver to crash and closed Ekos.  I'm willing to test it again if you modify the file.

Tim
2 years 10 months ago #71336

• Thank you received: 40

Replied by Hans on topic Astroberry and cr3 canon 250d

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the test. Your findings indicate that the hack does not work, clearly too much has changed in the library interface.

If you have not already done so you can revert the hack fully with these commands :
At this point I see only three remaining paths forward:
  1. github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-server/i...suecomment-828265566 . This is a lot of work and not all RPI will have the needed working space for it.
  2. manually backport the needed libraw20 changes into libraw19 and create a new so.19 library . Noone has done this yet to my knowledge.
  3. wait for raspbian to upgrade to a newer debian release

-- Hans
2 years 10 months ago #71351

Thank you Hans, I have confirmed that option 1 does work; however, it's a long process and I believe there is an error in the steps.  Seems there is a mix up when it wants to create ~/Projects/stellarsolver-build directory.  I think I had to create ~/Projects/stellarsolver directory and copy contents into ~/Projects/stellarsolver-build directory.  I was able to get the steps to work and get an inside preview to work.  Need to confirm complete functionality but it seems like a fix.  Thank you siberX for the workflow.

As a side note, the astroberry OS does not come with cmake loaded.  I used this link to load cmake with snaps... snapcraft.io/install/cmake/raspbian

Now I can complete setup of astroberry for all my equipment and get ready for clear skies !!

Tim
2 years 10 months ago #71367

• Thank you received: 21
Libraw-bin 0.20.2-1 is in bullseye, that means by upgrading raspian to testing, you should get an indilib and Kstars compiled against that. 

Procedure is described here: wiki.debian.org/DebianTesting
This would update also all other packages, if you only want to get Kstars/indilib from testing one could also use pinning: wiki.debian.org/AptConfiguration (look for pinning on that page).
2 years 10 months ago #71386

• Thank you received: 27
It is much simpler to get cr3 working for CCDciel. 
2 years 10 months ago #71420

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.881 seconds