INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Interaction between KStars/Ekos/Indi and FireCapture

• Thank you received: 50
I’m successfully combining driving my mount, polar alignment, focusing and platesolving using KStars etc, with capturing images of the planets with FireCapture in the Astroberry Server package on my 4G RPi4. However, each time I capture a video of a planet, FireCapture crashes. When I reopen it, some features no longer work, like the video capture timers. It carries on working well enough in manual mode, and saves the videos so I can carry on using it, but there are clearly a couple of bugs to sort out, but in FireCapture or in the interaction and handover with KStars? I don’t really know where to start posting my issues - here on the Indilib forum, or in some other forum?
I would also like some advice from the experts about how to correctly handover the functions of a camera from Ekos, after it has completed the autofocus process, to make it cleanly available to FireCapture for the next capture session. And then how to make it active again in Ekos so that it can once again be used for platesolving and focusing. Thanks for any suggestions!
3 years 4 months ago #62899

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
There is long standing problem with FireCapture and Raspberry PI builds. It was present on FC 2.6 and it remains open on FC 2.7 beta. Basically, there is one lib that doesn't works on RPI4. Inside the folder where FireCapture is installed, look for the file Ephemeris.so and delete it. With this operation, you will lose all the ephemeris information on FC (for example, you will lose the focal length computation that FC performs), but the app will not crash after each capture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette, David Tate, Ashley McGlone
3 years 4 months ago #63269

• Thank you received: 40
<em>(Sorry this is an old post, but it popped up right away on the search)</em>
Here I am looking for the same answers to the same problem.

I'll give that same solution a try that rbarberac suggests. But at this time I don't see the ephemeris.so file. I see the directory: /usr/share/xplanet/ephemeris, but nothing but a readme in it.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by David Tate.
1 year 11 months ago #82514

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds