INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Big issues trying to use USB Wifi Adaptor

• Thank you received: 0
So I bought a usb Wifi adaptor that comes with an antenna. It’s designed to work with Raspberry OS. I bought it to extend the range, since the onboard Wifi on the RP4 doesn’t work past 7 feet. Sure enough, I plugged it into the RP4 and I could see that the adaptor was detected. I was then able to access the astroberry AP from inside the house.

Hooray! Except, this worked for all of about 5 minutes. The second I hit “Slew & Sync” in Kstars remotely via a browser, it immediately disconnected. Every attempt to connect to it following this resulted in an immediate “Connection Timeout” error. I tried moving the pi closer, I tried rebooting it, I tried disconnecting the USB adapter and connecting to the hotspot generated by the onboard Wifi, I even tried directly connecting to it via Ethernet cable. It’s now dead to the world and refuses every incoming connection with a “connection timeout” error.

This being a headless pi, now I have to completely reinstall the astroberry operating system onto the sd card to be able to connect to it again. Can anyone help me figure out what I did wrong here? Using a USB adapter as an access point shouldn’t cause the entire operating system to have to be reinstalled. These immediate timeout errors are not normal, and I have never seen it refuse an Ethernet connection before.

Thoughts?
Mount: Skywatcher EQM-35 Pro
Main Imager: ZWO 183MC Uncooled
Guider1: SSAG (Retired)
Guider2: ZWO 120mm mini
Telescope: Celestron 6” SCT with Hyperstar
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Jake Grimsrud.
3 years 3 months ago #63715

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds