INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry and a ASI EFW + ASI462MC

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,
newbie here :)

I have a problem with the Astroberry setup on the RPI4. Upon fresh install of Astroberry 2.0.3 everything's running smoothly but after the update (sudo update and upgrade) the ASI EFW and the ASI462MC are missing. It says Unable to establish: +ASI EFW. No message for the 462 cause I use ASI183 as the main camera so ZWO drivers works ok but only on the 183MM camera. May I get any suggestions how to fix it or this may be a bug? Shall I provide any additional info?

My setup is:
RPI4
ASI183MM Pro
ASI462MC
ASI EFW
iOptron CEM25P
3 years 3 months ago #65525

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 53
You should attach your Kstars log. But I assume you are not seeing the relevant tab in INDI.
Possibly its a USB issue. I get that a lot with my ASI1600 not showing up even though the ASI120 is there - so I need to unplug/plug the USB connector on the ASI1600 then restart the ZWO driver.
You can use lsusb command to see if they are connected.
3 years 3 months ago #65570

Hello,

I am having a similar issue. I was out in the field this evening after running sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade this afternoon, and my ASI EFW was not appearing in the Indi Control Panel. I came home and tried troubleshooting where it was warm, but couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Swapping out cables/trying different ports didn't help. I tried downloading/installing a fresh copy of Astroberry 2.0.3 and with the fresh image I was able to get the EFW to connect, but then after running sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade again, the issue manifested again. I have attached the logs here in the hope that they may help lead to a solution.

My setup:
Raspberry Pi 4 8GB running Astroberry 2.0.3, with latest updates
ZWO ASI1600MM-Pro (connected to USB3 port on pi)
ZWO ASO120MM-S (connected to USB3 port on pi)
Moonlite Focuser (connected to USB2 port on pi)
EQMOD Mount (connected to USB hub on 1600)
ZWO ASI EFW (connected through USB hub on 1600)

Thanks!
3 years 3 months ago #65736
Attachments:

I think I found a solution. There is a comment with a command to revert to a prior firmware in =this subsequent post . I tried it out and now the EFW is appearing for me.
3 years 3 months ago #65738

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.670 seconds