INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Is there a possibility to prevent the download of the pictures?

• Thank you received: 0
Hello community,
I'm using a RPI4 as INDI-Server for my setup (CEM60, FSQ106, DSLR) and so far everything is working fine with astroberry.org.
But I have a problem that is a bit disturbing and I want to ask whether there is a solution available.

I do not want to additionally save the pictures on the RPI4 that are already taken and stored on the DSLR (eg SD-card or CF-card).
The download via the USB interface takes about 30sec and is completely unnecessary, fills up the storage on the RPI, opens a window with the image taken and uses additionally battery power as well.

Therefore, is it possible to prevent the download of the taken picture?

Every help is appreciated!
CS, Dieter
3 years 1 month ago #68536

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6
I can see where this might be a useful feature. I struggled for a while with downloads (to my laptop from the camera attached to the Pi at the telescope) taking up to 70 seconds (via wifi) and ~22s over Ethernet. Regardless of the SD Image setting (save or don't save to SD card in camera) I had duplicate images (though named differently) saved by the camera. I decided I could live with the duplicates as I'm running the Pi from an SSD.

Eventually I hit upon setting Ekos Camera Module (on laptop) to Save: Remotely (remote as in, on the Pi's SSD, Remote meaning the location of the Indi server) while the Indi server tab Options: Upload setting was set to Local (i.e. on the Pi SSD) This results in minimal time lag with the drawback being that I'm not able to review the captured images. If I want to see the images (in non-real time) I ssh to connect to the Pi and download the file(s) using my laptop file browser which sees the Pi as a member of the local network (Ethernet connection makes the image transfer quick enough)

Perhaps if I had the option to NOT download the images and just have them live on the camera's SD card I would use it. I tend to delete on set of the duplicate images anyway to save space.
3 years 1 month ago #68579

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds