INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry 2.0.3 headless installation problem

• Thank you received: 0
I installed Astroberry 2.0.3 on Raspian OS using APT. It rebooted, started its own SSID Astroberry xxx which I joined. 
The http desktop loads but will not connect to the Astroberry server.
I need to get in via SSH or VNC. This is a headless installation. (There is no mini hdmi connector available to me for days.)
Any help would be welcome. thanks

2 years 11 months ago #69503

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

follow up: I also created an SD card from the Astroberry boot image. It only will start the astroberry wifi service. Under no circumstances can I make this server join any other wifi network.
I suspect it...
...shuts down astroberry hotspot
...then puts up some dialog box that can't be seen (because it disconnected)
...times out and restarts the hotspot.
How can I stop this behavior and just get it to log into my wifi router?

thanks
2 years 11 months ago #69509

• Thank you received: 41
* Connect using astroberry auto generated endpoint.

* right click on WiFi icon. On the pop up menu select setup connections.

* add a new WiFi connection to your home router. Enter SSID and password. On the first tab, set a priority of 100. Save and reboot the raspberry

On the next boot it will try to join to this WiFi. If it don’t success it will enable again it’s own access point. So after rebooting, wait for a minute or so and look for the astroberry WiFi network. If it doesn’t appear, your rPi is connected to your WiFi and you can access it normally without joining to any other network.
2 years 11 months ago #69513

Here's what I discovered. The password entry in the new wifi connection tab IS NOT USED when the raspberry attempts to join a network for the first time. Instead, the raspberry drops off the current network, THEN prompts the user to manually enter the password, it times out because this prompt can't be seen by the user, the raspberry then restarts the astroberry hotspot without ever joining the new connection.
The only way to discover this fault is to physically connect KVM peripherals to the raspberry (which is not possible in a headless installation) or... (as I did) connect a physical ethernet cable between the router and raspberry then select the new wifi connection. These two methods are the only way a user can interact with the "secret" password prompt which only comes up after the wifi connection is broken.
2 years 11 months ago #69532

• Thank you received: 140
This is correct and has always been this way, you have to connect with a network cable to get the RPI to connect to your own home wifi, this has to be done just once, then all good, if you try and switch to home wifi from using the hotspot, it will not work as it will disconnect too soon, this has always been like this, on Astroberry and Stellarmate....
2 years 11 months ago #69558

• Thank you received: 41
But I’ve configured multiple Astroberry completely using only WiFi. You can configure a connection with your home WiFi without activating it, but with higher priority that the hotspot. Then reboot the RP4 and it will auto connect with your home network. 
2 years 11 months ago #69561

• Thank you received: 140
Yes I too have just tried on the very latest AB, and it works fine...configured my wifi over the hotspot, , rebooted and now connected to my home wifi, so I stand corrected....in which case the OP has an issue with the install...as it does work fine...
2 years 11 months ago #69562

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds