INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI webmanager connectivity help needed

• Thank you received: 33
Hi,I have setup Astroberry on my RPi and set it to connect via ethernet cable to my laptop running linux. So the RPi gets assigned a 169.254.x.x address. If I enable the Wifi on the RPi and connect it to my home Wifi I am able to connect to the INDI webmanager from Kstars/Ekos profile. But if I disable the Wifi on the RPi so its only connected via ethernet cable to my laptop, I cant get Ekos to find the INDI webmanager. So my guess is that the webmanager is NOT listening to requests from the 169.254.x.x address??How can I get this fixed please?
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
3 years 1 week ago #69819

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
The 169.254.x.x IP range is for multicast only and it is not a valid IP range for ethernet connections. It looks like your RPi doesn't get an IP address from your router. Whether that is a router or an RPi configuration issue, I don't know.
3 years 1 week ago #69820

I have deliberately disabled the Wifi connectivity on RPi as it gets flaky signal when I set it up in the garden.
I am able to communicate between laptop & RPi via this 169.254.x.x. IP using ethernet cable. eg. Ekos is able to connect to INDI server on port 7624. So I am unsure why the webserver is not able to traverse this??

Hope that this clarifies?
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
3 years 1 week ago #69821

• Thank you received: 133
Any firewall involved? The web manager uses another port that needs to be open.
3 years 1 week ago #69874

No. But the latest update is that it seems to work sporadically
Clear Skies,
Pramod

3 years 4 days ago #70004

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.624 seconds