INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astroberry noVNC instances for view only and for a single operator

• Thank you received: 0
I would like to have a noVNC instance/port that is view only (and can't be changed by web clients) for star party attendees and a separate instance/port that is for the astroberry operator. 

Is that doable?

3 years 1 week ago #70125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A single instance with separate credentials for view only and shared would also be acceptable.

3 years 1 week ago #70126

Thinking about this some more, maybe all I need to make the noVNC setup view only. The telescope operator can use a full VNC client, vs. NoVNC.

I can hack the html to make the view only box checked by default, but if there is a more standard way to config noVNC on astroberry please let me know.

3 years 1 week ago #70155

Changing the html worked UNTIL I discovered the VNC server gui on the Pi. Without even making any changes it looks like the noVNC /desktop html got overwritten.

So, now it seems like I need to make two VNC users. Operator (or something) , who will have full control, and guest (or something) that is view only.

Not sure if that will then prompt for username, in addition to password, but will test.

It'd be nice if someone that has more knowledge on this would chime in ;0) however.
3 years 1 week ago #70157

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.563 seconds