INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Running multiple Rbpi4's on the same network

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I'm a new user of astroberry running on a pi 4 and would like to have two pi's running astroberry on the same network.  Are there instructions on how to configure this?
thanks
Peter
2 years 9 months ago #71823

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 21
Good question. I am trying to figure that out, too, as I would like to run latest Kstars and indilib and will compile myself. I started by supplying a different host Name in raspi-config, but was then distracted…
2 years 9 months ago #71836

• Thank you received: 20
2 years 9 months ago #71842

• Thank you received: 0
I did not explain myself as well as I should have.  I have two independent piers with complete independent optical setups. The link refers to using two Pi's for controlling different hardware on the same setup.  What I need to do is address one pi using astroberry.local and the other pi as say astroberry2.local.  I know I will need to change the ip address to one of the pi's but how to change the name the pi internally so I know which pi I'm on.  Can I just type the address of each pi to control that pi independent of what the other pi is doing as long as they have a different ip addresses?  Thanks for your help.
BTW I did try to access the pi using  http://10.42.0.1 which did not find it.  I did check check the address via ifconfg.
peter
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Peter Scheuter.
2 years 9 months ago #71976

You can change the name using raspi-config (from the menu). This changes /etc/hostname and once you‘re on it, it‘s displayed as part of the prompt in each terminal. „uname -a“ also reports this.

Easiest is probably to connect them to your LAN or WiFi and then tweaking the settings in /etc/avahi, which is used to make Astroberry.local available. It might suffice to reload or restart the avahi daemon as it uses the hostname per default.

Having one of them act as access point for the other is more involved (and I haven‘t researched that yet).

in the field, a small access point / router is also an option…
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Scheuter
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Grimaldi.
2 years 9 months ago #71978

Ok, seems not be THAT involved anymore:

On the second RPi open „nm-connection-editor“ then edit Astroberry WiFi and supply a different SSID and a better password. Save and restart. You should do that having keyboard/mouse/monitor attached

Then make it connect to the others WiFi, per default.
2 years 9 months ago #71979

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds