INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY CCD problem with Kstars

• Thank you received: 2
Greetings. I have a problem with my QHY CCD camera (QHY 6). Kstars 3.5.4 stable,build 2021-07-08T11:29:55Z, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

I experienced the problem with many versions of Kstars being patient that the problem will be fixed. I guess it's a problem with QHY drivers from QHY itself. I connect my camera. At first everything is fine,I capture,loop and guide without a problem. But if I need to stop capturing/guiding and want to begin again,QHY does not respond to my actions. It gets stacked,doing nothing and sometimes it disconnects by it's own will. Even if I disconnect everything and reconnect them again,disconnect cables and reconnect the again, nothing gets fixed. I have to completely close Kstars and start all over. You can understand how frustrating is this when you are on the field. Do we have a potential solution of this problem? Thank you very much !!

I attach the logs.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_00-55-29.txt
File Size:190 KB
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Georgios Lekkas.
2 years 8 months ago #73435
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What does the camera report in INDI Panel --> Image Info? I see weird frame request (0,0) in the log.
2 years 8 months ago #73445

• Thank you received: 2
Greetings Jasem,

Thank you very much for your reply. The problem was here: indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/9289-qhy-cc...rame-dimensions.html

I get an invalid frame request (0,0) (can't remember the exact words now) but that doesn't seem to be so crucial. I keep capturing and guiding even with this error message. The problem appears when I stop and need to continue.
2 years 8 months ago #73448

Time to create page: 2.218 seconds