INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY168C detected in kubuntu but cannot start up in kstars.

• Thank you received: 15
Hi all,

I am having this issue after all the kstars, INDI update...etc. Very weird which is under lsusb and dmesg, I can see the camera detected. 

under dmesg: [ 1520.698387] usb 3-1.4: new high-speed USB device number 31 using xhci_hcd [ 1520.799033] usb 3-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=1618, idProduct=c167, bcdDevice= 1.00 [ 1520.799039] usb 3-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 [ 1520.799042] usb 3-1.4: Product: WestBridge [ 1520.799045] usb 3-1.4: Manufacturer: Cypress [ 1520.799048] usb 3-1.4: SerialNumber: 0000000004BE

under lsusb : Bus 003 Device 009: ID 1618:c167 Cypress WestBridge

What I've done so far:

1. Change USB3.0 cable
2. Use another powered USB hub.
3. switch to another USB port on my miniPC
4. Direct connect with my miniPC.
5. updated the SDK to the latest.

So far nothing works!  But................. because of my minipc is dual boot, so, after I boot into windows and using NINA, APT, TheSkyX, CCDciel surprisingly everything connected! 

What is your advice or opinion on this? Is latest Kstars issue or my Kubuntu issue? 

Regards,
Tom

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Tom.
2 years 8 months ago #73617

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
Hi Tom,
Maybe you could check fxload file which comes with the sdk and the one in /sbin/fxload.

Regards
2 years 8 months ago #73621

Hi,

You are right. I just found the answer to it. Now my Kubuntu's kstars manage to see my camera already.

Thanks a lot.

Tom
2 years 8 months ago #73623

• Thank you received: 2
Hi Tom, I seem to be having a similar issue. None of my QHY (QHY168c, QHY5LIIm, QHY Polemaster) equipment is showing up in Kstars, but I do see them in lsusb and dmesg (RPi4, Stellarmate OS). Can you expand on how you found the answer to your problem and getting kstars to recognize the camera?
1 year 11 months ago #82333

Hi Dalton,

Do you have a Windows PC in the first place? If yes, you can do all these steps on that Windows PC first then only go back to your Linux box. I sometimes will still have this kind of issue on my QHY168C in Linux. But in Windows no problem at all.

1. First download whatever latest QHYCCD system pack or driver updates from their website.
www.qhyccd.com/download/

2. update all your QHYCCD cameras, USB drivers, camera firmware and etc on Windows PC.

3. But according to many users successfully updating the system pack doesn't mean it will update the camera. So, you have to follow the steps on this website to properly update everything.
daleghent.com/2021/02/1q2021-qhy-native-driver

" In case of USB driver update problems
Some folks have experienced issues updating the USB driver, where it appears that the driver update did not take. There is one thing to try if this is the case:

1. With the camera disconnected, right-click Start and open Device Manager
2. Go to the View menu and select Show hidden devices
3. Expand the AstroImaging Equipment section
4. Right-click QHY5IIISeries_FW, select Properties, and then the Driver tab
5. Press the Update Driver button, and select Search automatically for drivers
6. Also do steps 4 and 5 for the QHY5IIISeries_IO device
7. Plug in the camera. Verify that it is on the newer device driver version "

This is how I manage to get my qhy168C working every time when I updated to the latest QHYCCD system packs.

Good luck on this.

Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dalton
1 year 11 months ago #82335

Hi Tom, thanks for the guidance. I downloaded the QHYCCD Windows all in one pack along with EZ Cap on my laptop. The install went smoothly, brought up EZ Cap, plugged in the cameras and it connected immediately. I verified with both QHY5 and the QHY168c and they both came up and were able to capture test frames. Does that mean my camera and drivers on camera are ok? If so it does seem like something on the Stellarmate OS/RPi4.

I did a factory reset hoping that would resolve things but still can't recognize the QHY cameras in Kstars. Since it seems to be squarely centered on the RPi, is there a way to verify that I have the correct drivers, or do a clean re install? I suppose I could flash the Stellarmate OS to the sd card again and really start anew, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.
1 year 11 months ago #82339

Hi Dalton,

Did you perform the additional steps in the device manager?

Tom
1 year 11 months ago #82342

Hi Tom,

Yes, I followed the steps above in the device manager but with each of the drivers it said "the best drivers for your device are already installed. I verified the firmware version of the camera did not change.

Thanks, Dalton

edit

Hmm something strange is definitely going on with the RPi. Now I can't seem to get it to recognize any usb devices on any usb ports, internal or external. I previously could still get the mount to be recognized and connected but even now that doesn't work, also not even a flash drive will show up. Tested the ASi 290mm and that doesn't show up either

Running tail -F /var/log/syslog , it didn't show any events where USBs were connected/disconnected either.
<strong>
Edit after further tests:</strong>

RPi seems to have the USB ports working again, at least I can see devices when they are plugged in/unplugged with tail -F. Verified 64GB flash drive loaded and functional, verified ASI290mm recognized and functional but still an issue with the QHY devices. I did test the QHY5 guide cam and the red LED still does not come one but I do see it trying to load in tail -F; see below;

I have also been chatting with QHY support and they've asked me run some commands but seems like I can't get the third command to run, much less provide any useful information. Am I entering it correctly?

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Dalton .
1 year 11 months ago #82346
Attachments:

I ended up flashing a new SM OS onto a new SD card and everything is running as it should now. QHY cameras are all recognized and connect via USB and KSTARS. Something must have gone wrong during an update I guess, I really don't know what caused the issue. Any who, thanks for the help. Problem solved.
1 year 11 months ago #82398

Time to create page: 0.676 seconds