INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem with QHY CCD again - guiding

• Thank you received: 2
Greetings, QHY driver communication has gone really bad. Yesterday I tried to run my QHY as a guider (as usual). Everytime was starting, guiding froze and QHY didn't respond. I couldn't work guiding so I ended up doing some unguided captures that didn't go well. I attach the log file. Its pretty big, so please use search with keyword "qhy" to see the problems. I kindly ask you to give it a try and let's see how this problem can be solved. Bad QHY driver communication slowly gets on my nerves and I am really thinking of changing this camera if we don't find a solution. Too many problems ( and new ones),unfortunately without a solution so far. QHY is a real disappointment in building drivers for INDI. Thank you very much for your time.

Best wishes,George

File Attachment:

File Name: log_21-43-56.zip
File Size:4,361 KB
2 years 7 months ago #74072
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I think this may be a problem wich some Old QHY cameras may not work when the program tries to open and use more than once
And solved after SDK 21.7.16 url]https://www.qhyccd.com/html/prepub/log_en.html#!log_en.md[/url
Please download 21.08.03 (there are some other bug fixes with Linux),  and install   [www.qhyccd.com/html/prepub/log_en.html#!...Library_Installation]
Then check which version is selected
# check current SDK version
ls -al /usr/local/lib/libqhy*

ldd /usr/bin/indi_qhy_ccd |grep libqhy*

If the problem still happens, please send me an email and I'll see what I can do.[This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Georgios Lekkas
2 years 7 months ago #74092

I'll build the latest SDK so that end users would be able to test. Thanks!
2 years 7 months ago #74094

Greetings,

Thank you both for your answers. I installed 21.08.05 and I will test tonight.

Best regards.
2 years 7 months ago #74261

Guiding problem solved by installing the latest SDK. Thank you again. I kindly ask you to see another problem with dimensions and camera freezing when exposure stops, here: indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/9289-qhy-cc...imensions.html#74840 . It seems a bunch of us have the same problem.

Best wishes.
2 years 7 months ago #74868

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds