INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Connection with INDI host at localhost on port 7,624 lost. Server Disconnected

• Thank you received: 7
I thought I posted this this morning but something went wrong.

I am getting the above error when launching EKOS from Kstars 3.5.4 Stable under OSX. The Indi panel shows:2021-08-07T14:01:23 INDI services stopped.2021-08-07T14:01:23 INDI services started on port 7624.2021-08-07T14:01:23 Starting INDI services...

All has been working fine and then boom. I was collecting and between collections I disconnected the Sony DSLR to refocus and when I tried to reconnect INDO would not detect the camera. No problem just restart Kstars. This error occurred when starting EKOS fresh from Kstars. I also rebooted and reinstalled but same problem.

Thanks

Kurt
2 years 8 months ago #74243

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 28
Hi Kurt - I replied earlier but I don't think my post made it. In any case, I've had the same problem as you crop up suddenly. I will spare the details but here's what I discovered. After a successful imaging session last night, I got the same error message as you. This morning I had switched the INDI Server Transfer Buffer from 1024 MB to 2048MB. After that change I got the error. I switched the buffer to 1792 and it works again. I have now reverted to 1024 which I believe is the default setting. Hope that helps.
2 years 8 months ago #74356

Thanks. I didn't change the buffer. I tried reinstalling but that didn't help. I had a 2 day old time machine backups so I rebuilt the Mac.

Kurt
2 years 8 months ago #74364

Frederick

I am intrigued about your SSD. Do you use it as a boot drive? How much faster is it? Mine is taking about 20 seconds to save on the StellarMate but fails trying bring files back to the Mac. Actually it is no problem because I opened the StellarMate drive over the network was was able to live stack using Pixinsight. I was stacking boring dark frames too much smoke and clouds here this week.

I had a USB C bus powered enclosure with a 4TB M2 SSD that I attached today and tried to copy the boot flash to. It sees the drive by fails on copy. There is a article on booting RPIs frame SSDs.

Kurt
2 years 8 months ago #74394

Kurt,

I use an SSD on my RPi 4 only to store images and haven't tried to boot from it yet. I've seen some of the articles on the topic and I'm trying to better understand the advantages of booting this way. Any thoughts you have would be appreciated.

In the meantime, when I'm done with imaging I just disconnect the SSD from the RPi and then connect it directly to my Mac in order transfer files that way. I've transferred files wirelessly but it's slow and I've had enough challenges with maintaining a stable WiFi connection. My current setup includes a WiFi 6 extender on my Orbi mesh network and I connect the RPi to the extender via ethernet. It's been the most stable configuration I've had so far.

Fred
2 years 8 months ago #74412

Fred

I just assumed it would be faster. It might be a problem reading it on the Mac.

I plugged my drive in but nothing happens. I installed gparted but it doesn't see the disk. The disk is at /dev/sda so I chmod 777 /dev/sda burt that didn't help. How did you install your drive? SD Card Copier sees it but can't write it.

Kurt
2 years 8 months ago #74421

Kurt,

I'm using a 2TB Samsung T7. I simply plugged it into one of the RPi's USB3 ports and it just worked. The SSD appears on my StellarMate RPi at /media/stellarmate/2TBSSD. Ekos and FireCapture are able to write to it with no problem. That said, I'm having challenges getting FireCapture to work properly but that's a whole different story.

I have also been able to write to an SSD attached to my iMac when the RPi sends the files wirelessly but I don't usually go that route.

For now I'm booting the StellarMateOS off the micro SD card.

Happy to answer any questions about my configuration - good luck!

Fred
2 years 8 months ago #74422

Thanks for the help Fred

I agree that sending files via Wi-Fi is a best slow. Although I can't get StellarMate to send the subs to the Mac I can effectively do the same thing. I just did a connect StellarMate.local from finder and the pictures directory is shared already. I was able to run EzStack on PI and point it to the StellarMate directory and it was happy to live stack 61 pix images. What else could a guy want?

I am getting a powered hub tomorrow. I will retry the disk then. I think it might be a power issue although the bus powered drive works fine on my MBP'

Kurt
2 years 8 months ago #74423

Kurt - I hope the powered hub does the trick. I have run my SSD off a powered hub (the hub was connected to the RPi via one of the USB3 ports) and it worked well there.

Good luck,
Fred
2 years 8 months ago #74424

Time to create page: 0.783 seconds