INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Altair Hypercam 183M crash

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I am experiencing crashes with my Hypercam camera since I updated my systems (Tinkerboard and laptop both running Ubuntu 20.04) to the latest INDI release (1.9.2). Every capture stops immediately with an error saying 'Failed to snap exposure. Error: Unexpected failure' (see attached log file).
Does anyone get the same issue?

Clear skies.
2 years 5 months ago #76286
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13
Did you eventually managed to fix that issue ?
It is quite annoying, as I cannot reliably get this camera to work, and for now I didn't managed to find out what parameter was influencing this behaviour....
I get:
[WARNING] Failed to snap exposure. Error: Unexpected failure. Switching to regular exposure...
2 years 3 months ago #78861

I still have the error but it's random and I manage to solve it by deconnecting/reconnecting the camera under the control panel. I suspect some issue with the power delivered by the usb port as I use an SBC (Tinkerboard) and have several devices connected to it (GPS, mount control, focus, and camera).

Clear skies.
2 years 3 months ago #78863

• Thank you received: 13
Thank you for the feedback. It is an option indeed. I power the camera with a powerful source (upbv2 from pegasus astro), but I might have a weak cable, will do some tests later one. For now, it seems more like a software issue.
2 years 3 months ago #78864

Hello,
Yesterday I performed further tests with the camera connected to a powered USB hub and it ran perfectly. I think I solved my issue but I will check again when there is no more fog...
Did you have the opportunity to test with another cable?

Clear skies.
2 years 2 months ago #79598

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds