INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ISSUE using 2 ZWO cameras at same time - HELP PLS

• Thank you received: 33
I have the ASI224mc as main camera and recently purchased the ASI120mm mini for guiding. These are connected to the RPi and I remotely access these from my laptop running Ekos. The connection to these seems to a bit of hit and miss. There are times when they launch beautifully and there are others when only one of them or none will connect. I have tried with the ZWO CCD driver and using the ZWO Camera 1, 2 drivers :-(
As the ASI224 supports USB3 and ASI120 mini only works on USB2, I tried connecting these to various USB ports on the RPi 4b with similar results.
RPi is using Astroberry v2.0.4 build so has the INDI drivers from v1.9.3 is my understanding. My laptop is running Kstars/Ekos 3.5.6.

I have ALSO tried using Kstars on RPi and connecting with a local connection and this has better chances of success. Remote connection seems more prone to these issues.
Any help is appreciated!

Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by AstroMuni.
2 years 5 months ago #77886

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hey everybody I’ve been wanting to get a ZWO ASI camera but I still have some questions about them

Can they be connected to a macbook pro via a USB to USB-C adaptor? Will it work?

What software is included alongside the camera? Do i need to have a disc drive to use the software?

What and how many ports are needed to connect the camera? I’m assuming only 1 USB port is needed...?

Thanks!
2 years 5 months ago #77920

Here are details of one of the cameras I have www.firstlightoptics.com/zwo-cameras/zwo...3-colour-camera.html
That link gives you full details of what comes with camera. The details of software are in the link at bottom of that page.
And yes a USB-C to USB adapter works on the Mac book Pro.
Ref your question about disk drive, the software will be installed on the disk inside the macbook. But if you question is if you need a pendrive or USB drive, then you dont need one, IF you have internet connectivity and can download the software from there directly.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by AstroMuni.
2 years 5 months ago #77921

• Thank you received: 21
Astromuni, did you „sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade“? What versions do you have for indi-full and indi-asi (dpkg -l …)?
2 years 4 months ago #78041

Yes, done all that. As its an Astroberry pre-cooked image, its whatever is there in v2.0.4. As mentioned above I think its using indilib 1.9.3.

I may have found a workaround. Fingers crossed. Will need to try a few nights before I can say it works, which could be several months away looking at UK skies :-(
I have set drivers to manual connect and the ASI driver is the ZWO CCD one. So when it sees the 2 cameras it gives me option to select each of them.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

2 years 4 months ago #78069

Time to create page: 0.838 seconds