INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Plate Solving Can't find any stars

• Thank you received: 7
The align module no longer can find any stars. This has been working for 9 months and now it quit. The exposure and ISO are the same for the align module and focus and camera module. The camera collects and shows and HFR of 2.57. The Focus module shows an HFR of of 1.3. I reset the align module to the defaults but this did nothing for the problem.

Thanks

Kurt
2 years 3 months ago #78193

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I get this error message:

Please check you have sufficient stars in the image, the indicated FOV is correct, and the necessary index files are installed. Enable Alignment Logging in Setup Tab -> Logs to get detailed information on the failure.

Does anybody know where I find the " Setup Tab -> Logs to get detailed information on the failure."

It works if I use the external Astrometry.net solver.

Thanks

Kurt
2 years 3 months ago #78210

• Thank you received: 69
Hi Kurt, Sorry if I'm mis-interpreting your question... I think that the alignment process check-box here in the logs configuration accessible from the Setup Tab would provide additional information.

Perhaps enabling the Astrometry Log at some level of debug might also provide clues.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Jerry Black.
2 years 3 months ago #78216
Attachments:

Thanks Jerry!

I am running on a Mac Do you know where the log files are kept. The I click on the open logs directory in this tab it does nothing that I can see.

Kurt
2 years 3 months ago #78217

• Thank you received: 69
~/Library/Application\ Support/kstars/logs/
is where my Mac version stores its logs.

Clicking on the button did open the directory for me. A permission issue perhaps?
2 years 3 months ago #78218

• Thank you received: 0
Hello Kurt,
I have the same issue even with Simulators. Was this resolved for you?
Thanks,
Robin
2 years 2 months ago #79182

Robin

Yes but I can’t say 100% why as I did 3 things. I increased the exposure to 60 seconds. I found an issue with focusing and found a better initial condition. And I deleted the Kstars directory that stores all the program information and reinstalled Kstars. If I had to guess I would say the improved focus and exposure was the root cause. The online solver seems to be less sensitive to focus.

Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robin
2 years 2 months ago #79184

Time to create page: 0.735 seconds