INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Old Pentax driver

• Thank you received: 22

Old Pentax driver was created by Ray Wells

Anybody know where I can get the source for the old indi_pentax_ccd driver?

The new one doesn't currently work with my k5, leaving me without a main camera after my old rpi3b quit recently, and I've been having fits trying to get around dependency problems etc. with the odroid-xu4 running armbian bullseye. I was able to compile from git but the indi_pentax_ccd driver has now (apparently?) vanished.
2 years 3 months ago #78600

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Tim on topic Old Pentax driver

Afraid I can't answer your question about the "old" file, but on my Bullseye arm64 machine /usr/bin/indi_pentax_ccd is just a link to /usr/bin/indi_gphoto_ccd

The indi_gphoto_ccd driver was made from indi-gphoto under the indi-3rdparty source code.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Tim. Reason: Typo
2 years 3 months ago #78605

Replied by Ray Wells on topic Old Pentax driver

Aha. That explains it nicely thank you, and welcome to the forum. :)

As for the "old" there is a new driver that uses the SDK released by Ricoh. this is funny because I tested for Libgphoto2 a few years ago on the original driver but all this time didn't realize the symlink was all the pentax indi driver did.
2 years 3 months ago #78607

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Tim on topic Old Pentax driver

Thanks

Even the "old" is new to me!  I only recently discovered INDI and first plugged my Pentax K-1 to it a couple of days ago.  As far as I've been able to work out, this camera isn't supported by libgphoto2 and the Ricoh API which should let me use PTP mode is not available in ARM64.  To be honest I'm not sure what I'm missing out on with either of those but I was happy enough to get it working with the "new?" indi_pentax driver and MSC mode.

I hope you get your K5 working back the way you liked.

If "Pentax believes in the future of SLR photography", I hope Ricoh believes in the future of ARM architecture
2 years 3 months ago #78609

Replied by Ray Wells on topic Old Pentax driver

Yes, thank you I did. I ended up having to start over but your answer got me unstuck back to a previous broken state which then led me to decide to try at different distro. I ended up putting ubuntu minimal 20.04 lts on the odroid and the repos worked the first time, which in the end got me running finally, just in time for a bright high moon... such is life.

As for the K1, I had been following developments on and off but lost track recently. Hopefully they will have the K1 sorted out for ptp mode soon. They might be looking for testing help. You have some real first world problems holding that full frame night monster. I'd love to get my hands on one. Iso and bulb exposure is really all most folks need anyway, though it would be nice to have the preview screen and streaming video record one day.
2 years 3 months ago #78636

Time to create page: 0.791 seconds