INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can I adjust gain in ekos?

• Thank you received: 0
I am still pretty new to using my astroberry with kstars and ekos.

Currently I open ekos and in the camera tab I will set my exposure and amount of pictures I want.  I notice there is a lot of noise in my pictures.  It may  just be my camera (a 224mc).  I see the box for gain, but mine just has 2 dashes in it.  Does that mean I can't adjust the gain on my camera? Or am I just doing this in the wrong place?

(I am currently waiting for my backordered 533mc) so I am not sure if that will change anything.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by John.
2 years 3 months ago #78757

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Two dashes mean "do not change gain". Just adjust it to whatever gain you explicitly want.
2 years 3 months ago #78772

Replied by John on topic Can I adjust gain in ekos?

I will have to set it up tomorrow and check it. It seemed like I couldn’t click the box for gain. It was like it was locked out or not available. I assume the camera tab is the correct place to be doing this correct?  The letters next to it are greyed out unlike all the others. I will set up tomorrow and give it a try again. 
2 years 3 months ago #78773

If it is grayed out, simply select the camera again from the dropdown list to force a refresh, or switch to another camera and then back. This can happen sometimes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
2 years 3 months ago #78774

Replied by John on topic Can I adjust gain in ekos?

That did the trick. When you say the two dashes mean “do not change”. Does that mean it hasn’t been changed or it is automatically at the suggested setting?
2 years 3 months ago #78795

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds