INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Confirm NexImage connected

• Thank you received: 0
I am a complete newbie trying to connect a NexImage 5 to my laptop running Linux Mint 20.2.

I have used INDIstarter to get the server running and I can control my NexStar 102SLT. But using CCDciel I can see that it shows "Camera frame x=0 y=0 width=640 height=480". Which must be for the laptop's webcam.

Can I have some advice on what I need to check my NexImage is connected please?
2 years 2 months ago #79651

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 39
The instructions here should work (they worked for me when I did it originally, and with a second one when I went back to it) indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/3320-experi...eximage-cameras.html It should also show up with the correct pixel size (2.2um)

As far as it detecting the laptop webcam, it will probably be /dev/video1 (as opposed to /dev/video0) You can usually double check that with "dmesg | grep video" (or "sudo dmesg | grep video" when you plug it in.)

Another good program for testing if it's working is guvcview.

Note that you might be able to use the gige driver as is without the firmware update. (I've since become aware of that using avaris, but on another USB camera it hasn't worked, and I haven't yet tried it on the NexImage 5.)
2 years 2 months ago #79666

• Thank you received: 0
James I'm afraid I not knowledgeable enough to pick out the actual instructions from your Experiences with Celestron NexImage cameras thread.

Would you have time to give me idiot instructions please?
2 years 2 months ago #79696

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds