INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_gphoto_ccd error on raspberry pi

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

after running a complete libindi and 3rd party driver update both on my desktop and my telescopes raspberry pi, somehow the remote connection to canon eos cameras doesn't working anymore. Right before the update I was able to remotely connect EKOS running on my desktop to a conon eos 1000d as well as a conon eos 100d which were plugged to a raspberry pi.
But now, after the update, when starting the indiserver with gphoto_ccd my telescope driver and a zwo_ccd on the raspi everything seems to work fine, all drivers are started. I'm also abler to connect to the telescope and the zwo cam, but when I try to connect the EOS the following error shows up:
2016-03-16T00:41:57: Can not open camera: Power OK?
The strange thing about it is that an local connection can be established with both cameras.

Anybody got an idea?
8 years 1 month ago #7301

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
99% of these cases are related to automounting your dslr as a usb storage device. Just disable automounting feature on your RPi.
You can check if yor RPi mounts your dslr storage by simply running mount command.
If you see your your dslr on the list just unmount it and retry connecting to it with indi.
8 years 1 month ago #7304

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks a lot for the advice, I tried it with unmounted cam, but still it didn't work. But finally I found out that I have to start the indiserver as superuser than the remote connection to the canon DSLR can be established.
I also tried to add a udev rule for the canon usb vids and pids, but even this doesn't work. So unfortunately have to accept to run the indiserver as superuser.
8 years 1 month ago #7309

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds