INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems with ASI294C

• Thank you received: 7
I purchased a ASI294C camera to replace my ASI244C. The 244 was working fine but my OAG is a Sagitta and it has a 12x12mm pickoff and the ASI244 is too small to exploit this. This new camera has been giving me fits. I start EKOS and connect to all the devices..This first issue is if INDI is running and you answer yes to the restart INDI both Kstars versions 3.5.6 and 3.5.7 crash (running the MAC version). This is just a annoyance but I thought I would note it here. After everything connects and is verified ok then I start PHD2 and connect the camera and mount. As soon as looping is started PHD2 repeatedly disconnects from the camera and you cannot get an exposure at all because each exposure disconnects the camera. If I change the profile to use the internal guider to try and get something working Kstars crashes as soon as EKOS is started. If I select the Lin guider in the profile it never can get an exposure. If I modify the profile to remove the guide camera then PHD2 connects and works correctly and furthermore when the scheduler starts a new job it has no problem starting the guiding in PHD2 even though there is no guide camera in the profile.

I have also has a problem that when I load a sequencer job I get the INDI is running popup and if I click no I get two copies of every device in INDI and the sequence won't run because it detects that it cannot connects to the second version of each device. If I click yes to restart INDI Kstars crashes.

Any thoughts.

Kurt
2 years 1 month ago #80536

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds