INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Fujifilm cameras?

• Thank you received: 3
Hi,
I'm thinking about buying a new Fujifilm camera - model as yet undetermined. I see that Indi appears to have drivers for Fuji cameras. Can anyone confirm which models are supported or not supported, and that the driver has no significant issues?
TIA
Gary
1 year 10 months ago #83129

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by David Swinnard on topic Fujifilm cameras?

I don’t know what camera are currently supported. Before I got a cooled camera I used my X-T3 with a reasonable amount of success. Kstars was at version 3.5.3 or something back then (Jan.Arya through August of 2021). I’m sure there have been some advancements but do not know with certainty.

I documented my issues and concerns on this site back then.
1 year 10 months ago #83131

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by Ed Lee on topic Fujifilm cameras?

Hi, I use a Fuji X-T2 with Kstars/Ekos/indi. The driver has some limitations but it does work. Driver configuration points:
  • Leave the camera in T mode and only use exposures from the preset list - Bulb mode does not work properly.
  • Set the SDCard mode to Delete - on the Fuji this seems to control the RAM buffer usage as well. If you don't set this to Delete, the camera will take shots until it's RAM buffer is full and then hang. Note this also means that the images are only saved via indi (to your computer) not to the SDCard.
  • I set the Transfer Format to Native (RAW) not fits because on a Raspberry Pi (I'm running a RP4 8GB) the 'bayer' decode of the funky Fuji X-Trans CFA takes too long (10's of seconds). This means you can't run the fits viewer during capture. Image display for other functions eg. focus, plate solving alignment, PA work fine as they use the image un-debayered. Also note that the Transfer Format setting does not seem to get saved in the Capture module or passed from the indi driver settings - you have to set it each session in the Capture module.
As far as I can tell the gphoto driver doesn't look for specific models - as long as the control protocol hasn't changed it should work but there's no way to know until someone tries a particular model.
1 year 10 months ago #83163

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Gary McKenzie on topic Fujifilm cameras?

Thank you both for your replies. I may have to rethink the brand of camera I buy. I was hoping that the Indi driver was fully functional, but it seems not. I'm a bit over having to fiddle and compromise to get things to work :dry: : Seems that Nikon and Canon are less hassle to use.... Pity, because I really liked the Fujifilm cameras and was lusting after an XT4...

cheers
Gary
1 year 10 months ago #83165

Time to create page: 0.711 seconds