INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_playerone_ccd crashed - Uranus-C

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am a new owner of a Uranus-C from Player One.
I tried to connect it with Ekos and receive a message that the driver crashed. After that I cannot disconnect devices in main Ekos tab and kstars does not respond.
I run a Stellarmate 64 bit v1.7.1 on a Raspberry Pi4

Here are the logs from Kstars:

[2022-06-20T20:35:50.170 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - PlayerOne CCD Uranus-C : "[INFO] Setting intital bandwidth to AUTO on connection. "
[2022-06-20T20:35:50.175 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - PlayerOne CCD Uranus-C : "[INFO] CCD is online. Retrieving basic data. "
[2022-06-20T20:35:50.176 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos] - "PlayerOne CCD Uranus-C" Version: "0.5" Interface: 6 is connected.
[2022-06-20T20:35:50.176 CEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos] - 1 devices connected out of 3
[2022-06-20T20:35:50.176 CEST WARN ][ default] - QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is ClientManager(0x55afe18ab0), parent's thread is QThread(0x55ac356530), current thread is QThread(0x7f0c0053a0)
[2022-06-20T20:35:50.525 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos] - "PlayerOne CCD Uranus-C is offline."
[2022-06-20T20:35:50.532 CEST CRIT ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI driver "indi_playerone_ccd" crashed!

David
1 year 9 months ago #83701

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi David,
Same here, Uranus C crashes every 8 seconds on stellarmate. Working fine with Ascom, but wanted it on a portable EAA stellarmate set up.
Asked for a solution at Player one a week ago. I guess they develop the driver for it.
Please inform them as well, to help prioritise this issue.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Instant mail; "will look into it."

BTW great camera results on NINA/Ascom. The gain can be set high, no amp glow.
1 year 8 months ago #84010

Hi,

A driver is alive but issues still going.
It will be fix soon.
I opened a ticket on github and had rescue from Jasem and Hiro. :)

github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/issues/...uecomment-1173034830
1 year 8 months ago #84031

The CEO at Player One is again quick in response on a Sunday, when I informed him about the discussion here.

Hi Wibo,
Thank you for feedback. We are working on updating the new models in INDI, including Uranus and Saturn series.
I think it will be done soon. :) We will update info on our website and facebook page.

Sean Wang
CEO | Player One Astronomy
1 year 8 months ago #84038

• Thank you received: 5
It's now 5 months since this thread was last updated, and I still have issues with the Uranus-C. At first I couldn't shoot in 16-bit but I could in 8-bit. Player One sent me some drivers to install, and now it just crashes when I try to start it. I removed the indi_playerone_ccd driver and all the libPlayerOneCamera.* files and tried to install the drivers from online, but I keep getting a message that says the drivers are already installed and doesn't install anything.

So now the Uranus-C is dead in the water and I can't use it in any capacity.

Honestly I don't expect any response here, because I've posted about this and had no reply , but it's unfortunate that I can't get the Uranus-C to work in Ekos at all.
1 year 3 months ago #89083

According to this github issue , the issue already resolved as reported by the user.
1 year 3 months ago #89084

Well, I have not been able to shoot 16-bit in Ekos, I was getting one shot then hang, I could only get 8-bit. I then installed what I assumed were updated drivers and I get the image you see below. I removed the drivers and tried to reinstall but I get a message that says the drivers are already installed and does not install new drivers, so all I see is this below when I try to start Ekos with the Player One driver. It just keep looping. Is there a way to force a re-install? Coudl that help?
1 year 3 months ago #89086
Attachments:

Well it turns out the problem was a goddam cable. Even tho it was a USB-C cable, the camera apparently didn't like it.

Unfortunately I've destroyed the Uranus-C driver setup in my primary Astroberry MicroSD card, and I have no idea how to repair/reinstall it. Whenever I try the regular update commands, it tells me everything is up to date. I had to use my secondary Astroberry backup system to get it to work, but that doesn't have my flag data.

Oh well...
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Phil.
1 year 3 months ago #89285

Time to create page: 0.830 seconds