INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon 700D issues with Ekos

• Thank you received: 2
I recently experienced an issue with my Canon 700D (T5i) with Ekos. This happens in every capture situations (eitther focusing or real image capture). It fails to capture one on the other image. The issue is present with 1.9.6 version of the INDI lib and Kstars 3.5.9 as well as with INDI 1.9.7 and Kstars 3.6.0. Attached is the log. I tried different drivers but got the same issue with both indi_canon_ccd and indi_gphoto_ccd. I checked the camera itself and it has no issue at all. I'm the process of leaving for a better bortle sky region (only 5 mind you!) and I do not know if taking with me all my equipment.

Any suggestions?
1 year 8 months ago #84966
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 94

Replied by alacant on topic Canon 700D issues with Ekos

[2022-08-03T08:42:42.290 CEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Canon DSLR EOS 700D : "[DEBUG] Requested CCD Frame is (0,0) (5196 x 3464) "

Hi
Maybe clear the dslr information and try: 5208 x 3476
HTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davide Maino
1 year 8 months ago #84989

Thnaks. However it did not fix the issue. When I issue the capture command the first 'click' from the camera occurs but the camera screen retains all the setting information. Then the mirror close without taking any picture at all. After that it tries again to capture and this time with success. However the waiting time for this second good capture is somehow erratic. And of course produces aborting in the ekos capture menu.
I manage to let it temporary work adjusting one of the setting in the indi driver menu. Specifically I noted that in the settings tab of the GPhoto CCD, but also in the Canon CCD driver, the output entry is set to OFF. I don't remember of having even changed it at all. But setting it to PC (one of the multiple options) it cause to mirror to flip and the camera screen to go dark. Then when I issue the capture command it works properly.
But I don't think it is the correct behavior.

So really frustrated since it worked like a charm till two week ago (shooting the bubble nebula) but it when out of battery. Maybe is it this not properly switch off of the camera that caused internal problems?
Thanks for any help.
1 year 8 months ago #85093

• Thank you received: 94

Replied by alacant on topic Canon 700D issues with Ekos

Perhaps best just to start again.
Move/backup/rename the database at
~/.local/share/kstars/usersb.sqlite, make a new ekos profile and allow it to regenerate.
That will get you a clean start. If the issue persists, then you can begin examining the in-camera settings. Stuff like mirror lock, raw and face recognition settings can cause problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davide Maino
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by alacant.
1 year 8 months ago #85107

Thanks a lot. I see that the mirror lock time was set to 0. I changed it to 1 sec and now everything is working properly. I'll give it a try for an observing session tomorrow night.
For the time being, really thanks. I was a bit frustrated and start to think about a dedicated astronomical camera ;)
1 year 8 months ago #85144

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds