INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_sony_ccd crashing when trying to take a picture.

• Thank you received: 0
Im having issues trying to get this to be stable enough to use. It seems completely random and it may very well be my lack of knowledge on how to properly configure things to avoid it crashing.
I have a Sony a7rII using the indi_sony_ccd driver (manually compiled from indi-3rdparty )
I am current at 1.9.9 on both indi and 3rd party.

What I do it launch kstars, open EKOS and connect to my devices. In EKOS I head over to the alignment tab and try to take a pic. At this point my camera shutter opens, then a few seconds pass, then my camera screen goes dark, comes back on, and my computer sees the camera being "re attached" as if it had just crashed.

I dont know if my camera itself is crashing, or the driver is crashing, or my usb driver on my system is crashing, or what.

I'm not sure what else to include, Im running Arch.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this, debug this, etc?

Thanks.
1 year 3 months ago #88927

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
I use a A7rii as well. I occasionally have problems with it appearing to lockup and have found that using ekos to take an image causes the shutter to fire and then everything appears to work ok. Without that I seem to have to disconnect and remove the battery to get the camera working and sometimes even that seems a bit hit and miss.
I’m on a pi using astroberry. Not sure off hand what version of indi that is as it’s stuck on 32bit at the moment.
1 year 3 months ago #88945

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.665 seconds