INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Touptek Camera SDK Major Update

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by max on topic Touptek Camera SDK Major Update

I got my x86_64 environment running.
The current driver 53.21849.20221208 runs with my Touptek ATR3CMOS26000KMA as well as with the Omegon veTec 571C (which reports to be a ATR3CMOS26000KPA) with my test version of INDI indi_toupcam_ccd driver.
Running ubuntu 22.04 on a 8GB Notebook

CS Max
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by max.
1 year 2 months ago #89612

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 38
Hmmm, I will try 22.04 clean with the INDI 2.0 as soon as I can.
1 year 2 months ago #89613

Jasem, I had this exact issue come up when the windows binary-factory build was dd2f11f3, it was fixed in d39e3f3e.

The driver would crash and if I remember properly, it was something with the filter wheel initialization or something along that line.

The issue is exactly the same now. Is there something in the windows build that would cause this?
1 year 2 months ago #89614

• Thank you received: 3
Hello.

I just Build indi from source
Run Toup571 with SDK 53.21849.20221208 success on Ubuntu 22.04 X64 with a NUC11 N5105

This is the build sh I use (easy to test):
d.marginnote.cn/temp/indi-master.tgz

0, sudo apt-get autoremove indi-full

1,prepare build env
sudo apt-get -y install libnova-dev libcfitsio-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev zlib1g-dev libgsl-dev build-essential cmake git libjpeg-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libtiff-dev libfftw3-dev libftdi-dev libgps-dev libraw-dev libgphoto2-dev libboost-dev libboost-regex-dev librtlsdr-dev liblimesuite-dev libftdi1-dev libavcodec-dev libavdevice-dev libgphoto2-dev libgps-dev libdc1394-dev libraw-dev libftdi1-dev libev-dev

2, run compile.sh in indi-master,

3, run runindi.sh and open kstars -Tools - Device Manger - add localhost:7624

And screenshot shows the result.

It should be reminded that only the IMX571 and IMX533 support high full well mode, but I asked karas he said the SDK is also compatible with other cameras

At the same time, if the high full well mode switch (Mode 0) is not turned on, the default readout mode (Mode 1) remains, so even if the compilation is successful, the current shooting full well is still the previous state
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by lanco.
1 year 2 months ago #89615
Attachments:

Cool, I am using a Quieter Mini PC and using it as an INDI - Remote and my client is the Windows Version of EKOS from binary-factory.
1 year 2 months ago #89616

I think I can continue with the driver implementation. I will issue the pull request on sunday.

I have a question concerning the rebranded Touptek cameras like the OMEGON. Will the OMEGON driver and the other brands also get an update soon or should
the fullwell mode only be implemented for the original touptek cameras?

CS Max
1 year 2 months ago #89618

• Thank you received: 3
OEM camera hardware and drivers are exactly the same as touptek, theoretically you only need to duplicate a copy of the SDK, Kstars-Tools-Customer Drivers could also duplicate a one.

INDI - Remote is also my favorite feature, I use ssh -R to publish 7624 on a public domain, but unfortunately it is not possible to encrypt it, it would be perfect if I could ask for a password when the client connects
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by lanco.
1 year 2 months ago #89625

• Thank you received: 1
I could provide the OEM branded SDK later.
1 year 2 months ago #89626

I installed 22.04 LTS and installed indi 1.9.9 and it worked. However the driver did crash first then upon reconnecting it worked both on my windows client and Ubuntu Kstars
1 year 2 months ago #89627

Build on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS with INDI Library: 2.0.0 and Kstars 3.6.3 and it is OK.

I think if there is an issue with SDK it is probably not the high full well capacity mode function. Our guess is the compatibility of the SDK, unfortunately, we could not reproduce the crash.

If anyone could provide detailed instructions on building the newest INDI library it would be really helpful. :D
1 year 2 months ago #89628
Attachments:

hi,
the driver is almost ready. What I don't like is that the label is cut off. See attachments: "High ... Mode" shall be "High Full Well Mode".

What do you think about abbreviating it: "HFW Mode" for the High Full Well Mode and "LN Mode" for the Low Noise Mode ?

CS Max
The following user(s) said Thank You: lanco
1 year 2 months ago #89631
Attachments:

I think HFW makes sense and it makes the button looks clean :D
1 year 2 months ago #89643

Time to create page: 0.747 seconds