INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Regress to QHY driver 1.5 on the Pi for the SSAG?

• Thank you received: 0
Just wanted to give another example for the above mentioned issue. As far as I can tell there is no error thrown for me from the server, and the issue is present both when using the PI and when directly connecting to my laptop.
7 years 9 months ago #8548
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 46

We have both the SSAG and the original QHY5 here. I can say with a large level of certainty, they are identical hardware with a different vid/pid programmed into the eeprom on board. Some years ago, I confirmed this by writing a small program for the on board fx2 chip (long since lost) that re-wrote the vid/pid eeprom on both of them, so now the QHY reported as the SSAG and vice versa, saw absolutely no difference in operation after the swap.
7 years 9 months ago #8552

• Thank you received: 174
The have different VID/PID in uninitialised state, once firmware is uploaded (in case of linux by USB rules, not by INDI driver), SSAG and QHY5 are identical. Peter
7 years 9 months ago #8556

• Thank you received: 46

This was what got me going down the road of testing / checking years ago. Back then, we were still using windows for our telescope kits, and the QHY5 drivers were somewhat unstable, but we found the SSAG drivers to be relatively stable in comparison. They both reported different vid/pid even after firmware load on windows, so my goal was, turn them both into SSAG, which I accomplished by using sdcc and fx2lib to write new values into the eeprom for the uninitialized vid/pid of the device.

I had been toying with the idea of reverse engineering a few of the connections inside the gadget, and writing a completely new firmware for it at the time, but, it's a lot of work for very little return. Once we got our systems stable with both of them programmed to be an SSAG, I abandoned that idea.

Maybe some day when I have more free time that I have projects, I'll re-visit the idea. ofc, the concept of having more free time than I have projects to deal with, not likely to ever happen :)
7 years 9 months ago #8557

• Thank you received: 87
I had this issue in my RPi B+ and on a Ubuntu Mate PC. Have just updated the PC with the latest indi_qhy_ccd and the image is normal.
Disconnecting the device gives me a crash on the driver.
Added a Kstars log and a commented server output log.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by nMAC.
7 years 9 months ago #8580
Attachments:

Please try tomorrow to see if you get the same issue after the update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nMAC
7 years 9 months ago #8586

It's working fine now after update. Thank you.
7 years 9 months ago #8618

I updated EkosVM and it now works great! Could I ask someone to give me some guidance on updating the drivers for the Pi?

I checked out, built, and installed the 3rd party drivers off sourceforge and the problem is still there but also a little different. The strange patterns are still present, but the image now shows gradients that reflect the brightness of whatever I've turned the sensor towards.

I've attached an image of the SSAG pointed out the window with a collimation cap covering the sensor.

My Pi is an older version 1 Model B running Raspbian Jessie. Other than the speed and memory, could this generation of Pi have any issues that are hindering things?

Is there a better way for me to be updating the drivers, or a better distro to install on the Pi?

Thanks for any advice!
7 years 9 months ago #8632
Attachments:

I'll get the Raspbian drivers updated soon, they're auto-build but they still point to the subversion and not Git. Hopefully you'll get a new version tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garth
7 years 9 months ago #8633

After today's update of the driver I can't set the binning to 2x2, only 1x1 works:

"SetBin Mode Failed, invalid bin resquested 2x2"
7 years 9 months ago #8715

• Thank you received: 32
Uh oh, I must remember to take snapshots of working setups as this has always worked and apparently suddenly not. :)
7 years 9 months ago #8726

Replied by John Izzo on topic QHY_CCD not working in VM

Hi Guys,

Complete beginner here with kstars and linux and my first post. The pi (in terminal) comes out with an error, 'Driver indi_qhy_ccd: Open QHYCCD error', when i run the indi_qhy_ccd driver.
After a while I decided to download the driver again and now it tells me that: "Unable to locate package indi_qhy".
Your help/advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

John
7 years 9 months ago #8739

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds