INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon DSLR Mirror Lock

• Thank you received: 1
Hi all, total noob here.

I installed Ekos yesterday and I'm sure I'll love it once I become familiar enough to appreciate it.

I've somehow managed to shoot a couple of test frames with my Canon 550D (T2i), but this only works when I have mirror lock disabled on the camera. I read somewhere that INDI does indeed support mirror lock through the indi_gphoto_ccd driver, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it work.

On a slightly unrelated note, all my pictures are extremely green. This isn't too much of a concern because I can fix it in post, but if any of you know how to tweak this, that'd be great.

Many thanks!,

-Mathieu
7 years 9 months ago #8550

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
Hello, for shooting with mirror lock via USB, I've posted a patch to gphoto_driver that do the trick.
For your green cast, don't forget that a DSLR has double green in the bayer matrix, the color balance is always achieved in RAW post-processing.

--
Regards
HoxCa
7 years 9 months ago #8553

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Canon DSLR Mirror Lock

Isn't this already in the current INDI GPhoto driver?
7 years 9 months ago #8554

• Thank you received: 1
I think I've found your patch. It's this, right? www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/1194-ca...or-lock.html?start=6

How do I install it? Or is it already part of the driver? I only installed Ekos yesterday, so I should have the most recent driver.
7 years 9 months ago #8555

Time to create page: 0.882 seconds