INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Regress to QHY driver 1.5 on the Pi for the SSAG?

• Thank you received: 87
It's working fine now after update. Thank you.
7 years 9 months ago #8618

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I updated EkosVM and it now works great! Could I ask someone to give me some guidance on updating the drivers for the Pi?

I checked out, built, and installed the 3rd party drivers off sourceforge and the problem is still there but also a little different. The strange patterns are still present, but the image now shows gradients that reflect the brightness of whatever I've turned the sensor towards.

I've attached an image of the SSAG pointed out the window with a collimation cap covering the sensor.

My Pi is an older version 1 Model B running Raspbian Jessie. Other than the speed and memory, could this generation of Pi have any issues that are hindering things?

Is there a better way for me to be updating the drivers, or a better distro to install on the Pi?

Thanks for any advice!
7 years 9 months ago #8632
Attachments:

I'll get the Raspbian drivers updated soon, they're auto-build but they still point to the subversion and not Git. Hopefully you'll get a new version tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garth
7 years 9 months ago #8633

• Thank you received: 87
After today's update of the driver I can't set the binning to 2x2, only 1x1 works:

"SetBin Mode Failed, invalid bin resquested 2x2"
7 years 9 months ago #8715

• Thank you received: 32
Uh oh, I must remember to take snapshots of working setups as this has always worked and apparently suddenly not. :)
7 years 9 months ago #8726

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by John Izzo on topic QHY_CCD not working in VM

Hi Guys,

Complete beginner here with kstars and linux and my first post. The pi (in terminal) comes out with an error, 'Driver indi_qhy_ccd: Open QHYCCD error', when i run the indi_qhy_ccd driver.
After a while I decided to download the driver again and now it tells me that: "Unable to locate package indi_qhy".
Your help/advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

John
7 years 9 months ago #8739

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds