INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI 1600MM-Cool tested

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by yang on topic ZWO ASI 1600MM-Cool tested

I have tested Indi on Raspberry Pi, found that timer blocks at the end of the process when maximum resolution is set,
but after smaller resolution is set, image can be downloaded, you can try this.
7 years 9 months ago #8812

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
I also have an ASI 1600MM-Cool since last week and try to get it work with newest INDI/EKOS on my Lenovo W-510 with Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS but it does not work. I cannot download a picture or set it to 16bit mode. The counter stops at something like 0.23s and then the driver crashes. No chance of aborting the exposure or disconnecting the camera. I would really appreciate if this could be fixed.

Edit: If I can help in any way, please contact me on Skype: "subtobi" or Facebook: "Tobiasz Keller". I'm a software engineer and also have knowledge in electronics.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Tobiasz Jakubowski.
7 years 9 months ago #8814

• Thank you received: 26
"The counter stops at something like 0.23s and then the driver crashes."

Same issue noticed here...
I also noticed the restarting the countdown timer without downloading an image at alll.
I have managed to make it to work by rebooting the raspberry and the ekos virtual machine.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jurgen Kobierczynski. Reason: spelling correction
7 years 9 months ago #8818

I rebooted several times and tried on different machines. Always the same issue. I think the problem comes from the function ASICCD::TimerHit() and is in the while loop between Line 1016 and 1078 but I have to debug it first to confirm.
7 years 9 months ago #8819

I've seen this message in my debug log:

"ASIGetExpStatus failed (0). Restarting exposure..."

This is line 1067: github.com/indilib/indi/blob/master/3rdp...si/asi_ccd.cpp#L1067
7 years 9 months ago #8820

I just saw that the ASI SDK was updated 4 hours ago on github. So there will probably be an update in the next few hours.
7 years 9 months ago #8821

I tried yesterday with the version of 13.06.2016 but it still does not work. Now it even fails to start an exposure. Jasem, can you tell us if someone is working on this with Sam?
7 years 9 months ago #8833

Yes, ZWO is working on fixing the issue. Will let you know once there is an update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobiasz Jakubowski
7 years 9 months ago #8834

Jasem are there any updates? It looks like Wednesday will be clear skies after several weeks of rain and floods and stuff... I would really appreciate if i can finally run my ASI1600MMC with EKOS. :woohoo:

EDIT: Just got the newest SDK from ZWO! :cheer: Jasem can you add it to the repo and force a build?
7 years 9 months ago #8906
Attachments:

Right a build will be available in a few hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobiasz Jakubowski
7 years 9 months ago #8908

Hello Jasem,

I've just tested the latest code. I could not find the build, but I've downloaded the code from github using the instructions from github.com/indilib/indi
The driver I've compiled for Raspberry Pi works now as expected. Even better... I see the ampglow that was visible in the dark images of 600 seconds with APT under Windows, is even not there anymore using a dark image capture. That's nice to see that the ZWO engineers have managed to solve that too.

Here is a image of the dark of 600 seconds without ampglow:
www.flickr.com/photos/jurgenk2/27774629716

The 12 bit data is mapped into the 12 most significant bits of 16 bits, minimum = 0, maximum (saturation) = 65504
This driver is production ready. I would try it for a full night session to see if it works.

One caveat, I see on (some?) exposure times that exceeds the saturation of the sensor (1.7 seconds in my case) , the data doesn't show up saturated as expected.
Some weird clipped data with values all over the board.

I have provided 2 images, the first with the weird clipping, and the second the almost saturated image as a reference:
www.flickr.com/photos/jurgenk2/27733689281
www.flickr.com/photos/jurgenk2/27809234535
7 years 9 months ago #8925

Hi Jasem and Jurgen

I got the last version via apt-get this morning. But unfortunately I can't even connect with the camera anymore. The camera show up in the manager but when I hit "Connect" the indicator changes to yellow and that's it. I can't even turn on the debug mode. :(

The over saturation issue is known since some weeks I already talked with Sam about this. It looks like this is an issue of the sensor itself.

EDIT: I build the driver myself and now I can connect and change all the settings! :woohoo: Unfortunately I still get errors downloading the Image...
7 years 9 months ago #8926

Time to create page: 0.782 seconds