INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Is the Pentax driver still in development?

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I've just had a really strange experience. For some reason I could not login to website. I run Arch Linux and use Chromium so I don't know if it has something to do with that but whenever I pressed the login button and attempted to log myself in, I just kept getting kicked back to where I started with no indication of if I had entered the wrong username or password.

Finally I managed to reset my password and login - which I did from a Windows VM then using the link sent via email I could solve the rest from my main Linux desktop. Very strange behavior??? hmm....

Anyway, I just wanted to ask if the Pentax driver for indilib was still in development? My K1 ii used to work but now it has stopped working and I getting many issues regarding the driver itself.

I started a bug report on it in Github: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/issues/775

I tried the camera in both PTP and MSC modes and nothing works. I also tested using my Nikon camera which at first didn't work but that was due to the DE automounting the sdcard. Once unmounted the camera behaved perfectly.

I think the issue might be due to the driver not being able to read the correct name from the usb interface. I don't know if it uses lsusb to determine the name of the camera but it definitely thinks that no Pentax camera is attached.

Conferring with a K5 user, it seems that the driver does seem to work using Stellarmate.

As I run Arch Linux I compiled this version from the AUR: aur.archlinux.org/packages/libindi-git

then re compiled and installed the Pentax drivers from github. So far, I only get error messages. The "bad file descriptor" message is strange. Could I be building the driver with the wrong indilib version or perhaps the wrong libraries?

Thanks for any ideas!

Hoping to get a clear sky tomorrow evening to try the Leo triplet again: photos.app.goo.gl/iMa4ETkv2EzpRmRNA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Morgan
1 year 5 days ago #92191

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds