INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Some success with Pentax K20D and Kstars/Ekos

• Thank you received: 0
Hello Everyone
I've recently had some success pairing a K20D Pentax DSLR with the Alt-Az GTI mount from Skywatcher. Hit a dead end with the stellarmate app but then diverted to use Kstars/Ekos on the Pi controlled by a Kstars instance on my mac. This allows me to click on a target, call up a GOTO and plate solve/track on the mac.

I'm able to set ISO, exposure time upto but no more than 14s, plate solve and make use of the named target directory structures that allow me to save raw images for a specific target day after day. The job schedule tool works too.

I stack with Siril and that seems to get around the field rotation issue.

Does anyone have an idea why 14 seconds seems to be a limit for an exposure? The camera opens and closes the shutter on command, the trouble seems to be on the download phase.

Kind regards, Tony
11 months 3 weeks ago #92500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Ok some updates after a bit of an absence. By setting the Presets setting to BULB, on the Indi Main Control tab in Kstars, I am able to take 60s, 120s or 300s exposures in an automated sequence. Indi will thro a failed to expose error, then go thru the motions of taking another image (but not actually doing so) and the exposure will complete. The downside is that the total time for the image capture is effectively double your requested exposure time. But hey, long exposures are now possible!

7 months 1 week ago #95810
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds