INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What did I miss while away??

• Thank you received: 7
Hi Everyone,
Every yr I bring my observatory offline and put everything in the house for the spring. So today was "put the telescope back together day". Prior to installing all the hardware, I was have run updates on the raspberry pi thats runs my indi server. This yr was no different. However, at the end of the day when I powered everything up. instead of the usual 2 tabs with in ekos, 1 for my 294mc camera and 1 for my 290mm mini guiding camera, there was only 1 camera tab for the 294mc pro. I thought at first I had overlooked plugging the usb cable. I didn't. Then I thought, a bad usb cable. It wasn't. Then I thought maybe the 290mm mini had dropped. It didn't didn't. Under the tab for the 290mc pro I see a field called cameras and it shows BOTH cameras there. Only the 294 is connected. When I click on the 290mm, I get a message below that says something to the effect the driver must be restarted for changes to take effect. Regardless what I do, I'm unable to connect to the 290mm mini.

Did something changes sense last fall in some code somewhere???? I"m at a loss here. Thanks for any help guys. Mike
10 months 3 weeks ago #92603

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
I'm guessing you don't have the "optical trains" set up.
Optical trains are something that Jasem put together a couple of releases ago, and you'll need a train for your images and a separate train for your guider.

Jasem has a video on optical trains here:

The interface has changed a little since, but it's the same main idea.
If this doesn't work, post again.

Hy

BTW there's a common confusion for the "Guide" slot in the guiding optical train. What you need there is the device that accepts guiding commands from Ekos, which is usually your mount. It would only be your guide camera if you have an ST4 cable.
10 months 3 weeks ago #92604

Replied by mikeE on topic What did I miss while away??

My workstation is running kstars 3.5.7 stable. I dont see anything talking about optical trains. were optical trains implemented in this version?
10 months 3 weeks ago #92605

• Thank you received: 559
No, it was added starting 3.6.1 according to the video link.
Sorry, I thought you said you updated the software on your RPi.
If you updated the indi server, you'll need to update Ekos.
10 months 3 weeks ago #92607

Good Morning, My apologies. I should have done a better job explaining my set up. I do update the pi running indi, however, that's all that pi does. I run kstars remotely and just point kstars to that pi running indi. I'll upgrade kstars and let you know if the problem persists. Thanks Hy
10 months 3 weeks ago #92619

After several hours of removing, purging deleting dirs and still no luck. I broke down and bought stellar mate. problem solved.
10 months 3 weeks ago #92629

Time to create page: 0.621 seconds