INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[Solved ]Camera temperature stuck at 18º

• Thank you received: 3
Hi,

I have an ASI 296MM PRO with cooler. I faced in Kstars 3.6.3 and 3.6.4 temperature is unable to go under 18ºC when I set 0º as required temperature. Fan is running and temperature starts to decrease but only a few degrees.

I tried an old version of Kstar (3.6.2 in a Raspberry Pi 3) and it can reach 0ºC if I want, so it is not an physical problem of my camera.

Tomorrow I will try to do a downgrade to 3.6.2 in my Raspberry Pi 4 and check if the issue remains or not.

Has anybody the same issue? I can attach logs but I didn´t see any error related with temperature.

Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Juan Daniel.
11 months 1 week ago #92879
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 281
Hi Juan,

I don't know why you have this problem. But here are a couple of things to check that might point to the problem...

How have you get the temperature ramp set? In the above example setting to 0.0 will result in the temperature not changing. If you have a very small ramp then maybe it never gets to -10.

On the Indi tab you have a repeat of the above info...

You may get a power setting (not shown) depending on the camera's capabilities that will show how much power is going to the cooler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Daniel
11 months 1 week ago #92904
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 3
Thanks for the help John!

When I was checking the INDI control panel as you told me I faced new temperature was not updated. I checked better and the solution was pretty obvious... in the new version, I need to click in the confirm buttom that is together the drop button. In older versions I only set the new temperature in the text field and it starts to cool. Sorry for the stupid question. :P

Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
11 months 1 week ago #92908

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds