INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI QHY GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1). Logs included

• Thank you received: 72
Hi.
Have been testing / using the Orion Star Shoot Autoguider with QHY5 driver. Good news is that I can successfully calibrate and start guiding, bad news is that every exposure that is aborted will yield a GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1)

This happens every time guiding is suspended, framing is stopped or any other ekos feature that is taking a exposure is stopped.

Logs included. Notice I first did one successful exposure, then started a new one that was aborted, then the two following exposures ended in the error. In fits viewer a completely black frame is displayed.

Fix is to reboot server....
I'm available for testing and generating more logs if needed :)

File Attachment:

File Name: indiserver.log.txt
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: qhy-ccd.log.txt
File Size:3 KB
Proud owner of Observatory 17b - A remote Linux observatory.
Build thread @ SGL: Starting summers observatory project
7 years 3 months ago #13199
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
Hi,

I have the same behaviour with my QHY5 and the only way to fix it, is to restart the server and pray :(
Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon using PPA for latest KStars-bleeding and INDI
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with StellarMate
Atik 314E - ASI120M - CG5 with Celestron C9.25
7 years 3 months ago #13206

• Thank you received: 0
I still see this error on release 1.7.5 also notice that I am using libqhy 4.0.1.
5 years 3 months ago #32109

with QHY 4.0.1 there should be a lot more debug information from the SDK. Double check debug is enabled for the CCD and then check in INDI Control Panel to confirm.
5 years 3 months ago #32114

Hi Jasem, i am attaching the log with debug enabled. Had a quick look nothing i can see that may cause the issie.
5 years 3 months ago #32115
Attachments:

I informed QHY, hopefully they can identify the cause behind this.
5 years 3 months ago #32148

Thanks Jasem. On a side note aone of my friends works at Griffiths Observatory (CA, USA) and Mt Wilson Observatory (CA, USA) He is a good imager, as well as does plantery science. I will try and introduce indi to him, and see what his thoughts are, I really like this platform and would like to see it flourish
5 years 3 months ago #32150

• Thank you received: 15
Hello.

I have two QHY products. QHY5L-II-C and Polemaster are attached to my Ubuntu-Mate for RPI3B+. I looked at the DEBUG for INDI_QHY_CCD and am seeing some problems.

The DEBUG file is filled with this.

DEBUG 169.822986 sec : [QHY CCD POLEMASTER-00d7] QHYCCD|QHY5LIIBASE.CPP|GetLiveFrame|GetLiveFrame pW=1280 pH=960 pBpp=8 pChannels=1

This says that the QHY5LII is attempting to setup the PoleMaster as a QHY5LII. Nope. This explains why my QHY5LIIC is not working. It should be pointing to (QHY CCD QHY5L-II-C]. I am puzzled if I have a missmatch somewhere.
4 years 9 months ago #40603

Time to create page: 0.703 seconds