INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi CCD streamed mode

• Thank you received: 5
My understanding (which may be wrong) is that Indi streamed mode uses the same exposure as you set in the main tab for each CCD.

I have used it successfully to get a continuous image stream from my CCDs (ASI 120 MC and QHY5-II) while aligning the finder with the main scope during the day, but when I use streamed mode at night I get blackness whatever I set the exposure to. If I take individual images by pressing the "set" button on the exposure tab then things work as expected and the exposure is obeyed.

Have I misunderstood streamed mode or am I doing something else wrong? Or is this just a feature of my cheap Chinese CCDs?

There used to be a mode on the focus tab where you could get repeated images in a FITS viewer window but that seems to have disappeared. Repeated automatic imaging is really useful for a newbie like me while trying to line everything up. Is there some other way to get it?
7 years 2 months ago #14009

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Indi CCD streamed mode

There was a bug in the video streaming window which is now fixed, it is currently build in the PPA so you can update within an hour or two. The focus module still enables you to do framing; nothing was removed there. You can even now make the framing into a separate full-screen window.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Meades
7 years 2 months ago #14012

Replied by Rob Meades on topic Indi CCD streamed mode

Thanks Jasem, will update later and also check the FITS window in the focus module.
7 years 2 months ago #14014

Yup, confirmed that streaming works happily now.

I've also re-found the button that displays the focusser-captured image in a separate FITS viewer window, though I thought it used to update the FITS image whenever a new image arrived? I wanted to use the FITS viewer window particularly because it has the cross hairs and I was trying to line up the centre of my finderscope with my main scope. Managed to do that happily enough in the end by hitting the FITS image button again as needed.
7 years 2 months ago #14050

You can do the same stuff in that window as well if you double click somewhere, the crosshair will be displaced. But there are other functions that are not yet there, so I'll try to figure out a way to implement them maybe via right-click context menu. Robert implemented most of these functions so he'd best at figuring out the most user-friendly way to present those with a standalone FITS View window.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 2 months ago #14055

Many thanks. I did try clicking in the image part of the focus window but it always thinks I'm trying to select a star to focus on, giving me a small green box rather than crosshairs.

Rob
7 years 2 months ago #14063

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds